Home

Curse of Monkey Island - Is Windowed Mode Possible

eathemeek

Hi,

I am wanting to play Curse of Monkey island on my XP Machine in windowed mode. Is there a way to do this? I have installed ScummVm 0.90. However when i browse to the curse directory it says:

SCUMMVM could not find any game in the specified Directory. :S

Anyone have an idea how i can get Curse of Monkey Island in windowed mode?

Yea i tried ScummVM as posted above and it says:

"SCUMMVM could not find any game in the specified Directory."

I read somewhere you can use ScummVM Q+E.. however i cannot find this anywhere. I tried SCUMMVM Toolbox and installed .NET 2.0 as it advised... i started it up and it says not all the tools are in the tools folder.. it then requests if i want to download the files it needs. I said Yes to this and it sits there saying "extracting files" and the blue progress bar is full but it never goes away. Left it for 2 hours and it stayed the same.

There's a Monkey in My Window

It's also possible to play Curse of Monkey Island in a window, rather than full screen. Simply put in your CMI CD 1, and from the DOS prompt, go to the root of that CDROM. Then run COMI.EXE from your install directory with the parameter 'g'. Example:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Curse Of Monkey Island\COMI.EXE g

Note that there's a reason why this mode isn't available normally. It has quite a jerky mouse control on some machines. :)

Works without having to install any other programs.

Archived