Home

Dark Age of the New Republic

The Pirate captain gringed at the mention of his name, trying to calm himself down and let it go but he couldn't. He turned the chair around, turning his back to the Sith Hunter in a further attempt to just let it pass.

"Strider, you should know better by now after all these millenias behind you that never call a Firrerreo by his or her name. However, I will let it pass this time, even if it will not be forgotten. You are free to roam the ship like everyone else. This includes your ship. I'll let the men guarding your ship's entrance to let you pass if you happen to come by, but the engineers won't be ready for an hour or so" Danera said as his hand turned into a fist and it gripped the armrest

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strider let a smirk escape his lips. He knew well the bother it created for the pirate. As he turned to leave, he let a soft chuckle at Danera's initial reply and left a comment before leaving the room.

"You're right - I should know better. But when did that ever stop me?" he said, looking at the back of Danera's chair, knowing very well the pirate knew his expression. He made no comment to his obvious frustration, and left the room, heading immediately to catch up with the others to inform them of his location.

After informing Riebe where he would be, he left the group and returned to the Ragnarok, deciding to get the Navigational Computer ready for the engineers to look at, bringing up all the information that was available - which he found to be more segmented than he thought. There were other sections that were blocked, areas he sensed most likely held the information needed. He decided to leave this to the engineers, sitting down in the central area of his ship, facing the docking door awaiting for them to board.

The great Dungeon Ship jumped out of hyperspace, making it's way swiftly towards Roon. An immense dark energy came from the planet but from the Dungeon Ship a more powerful and benevolent dark power came. The apprentices had already found their way down onto the planet where they had been waiting outside an ancient Sith Pyramid. As Darth Tepe and his guards came out of his small shuttle, several dark-dressed and hooded men came out of the before sealed pyramid with old Sith Swords of many fashions in their hands. When the hoods were drawn away, the men revealed to be wearing Sith Armors that glowed brightly in the sunlight. Tepe wore a similiar robe that the Jedi wore before, during and a while after the Naddist Uprising. It was an elegant that even shocked some of the Sith Lord that had come out to greet their Dark Lord. Tepe hovered his hoverchair closer to the entrance to the pyramids and was joined by his apprentices on the way there qhile the guards followed a few meters behind at all times.

"Council, these are my apprentices. Meet Lady Charna and Lord Kaoin of the Sith Order" Tepe announced before one of the men from the council that had come out stepped forwards and sheathed his sword.

"You fool! You have disobeyed the teachings of Bane" he said and looked at the Dark Lord who's eyes flashed bright white at him.

"Darth Beral, I did not come here to be challenged. I am much too powerful for you to challenge me in any way" the Sith growled and got a challenging look from the Sith Council member.

"You fool... You overestimate your powers! I have trained since the day you left while you have slacked off like Palpatine and done nothing but politics!" he shouted and plunged at his Dark Lord, drawing his lightsaber that was activated but stopped an inch before it hit the Dark Lord. Not by a lightsaber, but a Sith Sword. Tepe held the lightsaber back from his body before suddenly grabbing the man from his chest and growling loudly. A rumble emitted from the insides of the Sith before his chest exploded and the guts that were inside of him spilled out and onto the ground. The lightsaber deactivated and the Sith could only gasp before dying and getting kicked away by Tepe.

"We have never followed the teachings of Darth Bane..." he said before taking his hoverchair inside and over the body of the Sith.

The Council was left to stare in shock at their dead member while the guards marched over the body with Kaoin and Charna. They found themselves soon in a dark room, lit only by the light emitting from the dozens of different fishes swimming around. Of course they were all holograms, but the room was otherwise shapd to be sea-like. This included the table, chairs and statues and carvings decorating the walls. Tepe clapped and the lights turned off while the fishes scattered around the room.

"Welcome to my old office. The Office of the Head of the Sith Council and Dark Lord of the Sith" the man said after setting himself behind the table and relaxing slightly.

"I brought you here to finalize your Sith training and truly become a Sith Lord and a Sith Lady repectively"

Charna's eyes gleamed, but she said nothing, merely nodding her compliance with Tepe's plan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Riebe went to the room she'd been assigned on Danera's ship. As she walked, she sensed the nervousness of the pirates around her. They didn't like her or the other Hunters. In fact, the only reason they were not attacking was that the Hunters seemed to be friends of their leader. But one pirate had to test this.

"Hey, Jedi!" he yelled, chasing after Riebe. She turned to face him and he hesitated. Then, he drew out a blaster and aimed it at her.

"You hesitate," she said quietly.

"Just so you can study this blaster before it kills you," the pirate sneered. He fired, but the blaster seemed to destroy itself and the bolt vaporized no more than an inch from the wrecked barrel. Riebe smirked.

"I'm no Jedi," she growled. "Keep that in mind, won't you?"

With that, she continued to her room and the pirate stared at his destroyed blaster for several long seconds. Then, he swore and passed out.

Charna's eyes gleamed, but she said nothing, merely nodding her compliance with Tepe's plan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Riebe went to the room she'd been assigned on Danera's ship. As she walked, she sensed the nervousness of the pirates around her. They didn't like her or the other Hunters. In fact, the only reason they were not attacking was that the Hunters seemed to be friends of their leader. But one pirate had to test this.

"Hey, Jedi!" he yelled, chasing after Riebe. She turned to face him and he hesitated. Then, he drew out a blaster and aimed it at her.

"You hesitate," she said quietly.

"Just so you can study this blaster before it kills you," the pirate sneered. He fired, but the blaster seemed to destroy itself and the bolt vaporized no more than an inch from the wrecked barrel. Riebe smirked.

"I'm no Jedi," she growled. "Keep that in mind, won't you?"

With that, she continued to her room and the pirate stared at his destroyed blaster for several long seconds. Then, he swore and passed out.

The Sith Lord watched as a fish came down from the roof, swimming around the table and then swimming right throught it, emerging from the other side like the table was nothing but water. Which it was. After all, the fish were holograms being filmes inside a tank a few feet below the room they were in now. Tepe sighed quietly and looked at his apprentices. It was no wonder they were not asking him questions, as they knew that their master didn't like questions unless they challenged his mind. However, he could only wonder why they had not asked of his eye colour change. He was about to mention it before a Sith Apprentice came inside and bowed.

"The Sith Council has arranged a gathering for tonight. In the meantime, a feast will be held in the main chamber in your honor, Dark Lord" the young Twi'lek boy said and Tepe nodded in agreement.

"Thank you. inform the Council we shall be there" the Lord said. The apprentice bowed and left. A silence filled the room again for a while but Tepe could not keep it up.

"Well... aren't you going to ask the question that has been bugging your mids for quite a while?" he asked, referring to the question of his eye colour.

------

Danera's engineers finally arrived with several astromechs and a couple of protocol droids that would help the small crew of five to locate and individualize the jump coordinates. As they walked past Strider's watchful eyes, a small sweat was brought out from beneath their skins. It was foolish, but the presence of the Sith Hunters just made everyone but Danera nervous.

Back in the meeting room, music had started playing and Danera was enjoying the view as his dancers moved around on their small stage and brushed against both the pole in the middle of the stage and against each others. The Pirate Leader enjoyed himself immensly, as he was a man and as a mercenary he hadn't had much time to release the pressures. Now as a pirate, he had had his share of intimacy with the dancers and whenever he was not pleased, someone was there and ready to please him. Even if he was enjoying his life, there were several things troubling him and the presence of the Sith Hunters was not the only one. Who knew where the Sith Dominion had spies. Their whole organization could be destroyed if the Dominion was to know that the Brigade was aiding the Sith Hunters. The same thing applied to the Republic and their spies

Gandon and Katherine traveled to Ossus, which was where Luke told him he'd be. They landed outside a large temple and proceeded to the inner hall. They found Luke and Kyle awaiting them in the center of the room. Then Luke came up and greeted them, "Greetings my friends, we hoped you would arrive sometime. There is a great evil at work and we'll need your help. Come, we shall feast with the others." With that he led them to a small dining area where other Jedi he recognized were already waiting. They sat down and Gandon and his wife waited for whatever would happen next.

Then Luke came up and greeted them, "Greetings my friends, we hoped you would arrive sometime. There is a great evil at work and we'll need your help. Come, we shall feast with the others." With that he led them to a small dining area where other Jedi he recognized were already waiting. They sat down

This is called controlling other players' characters, children. It annoys many people, especially if your just controlled his or her character. Next for an advice from our friendly neighbourhood thread maker:

STFU! First, what the heck does your signature have to do with all this? Second, stop controlling Luke and Kyle! I said that they are now player characters, and that means that they have now the same rules as everyone else in this thread. In the name of time-jumping and avoiding confusion, I might sometimes control other characters, but it usually helps people get out of difficult situations such as needing to write specifically such things as "He walked out of the room"

Now, this post was OOC directed at Nark, who I also now have an eye out for, so that means less pressure to your, Royal. The following post will be IC, I hope and by someone else than me. I hate RPing alone

((Tepe, I think Nark was attempting to imply I'm smart, not wise... Nark, pay attention to Tepe's OOC. He's right; you did take control of Luke. I'm now going to post as if you didn't. As you posted, your characters have arrived at Ossus. Now, Luke will greet them.))

Luke met Gandon and Katherine in the hangar. "Greetings," he said softly. "It has been rare for Jedi of the Old Order to come to us. What is your purpose?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I will not deny your eyes have been puzzling me," Charna said quietly. "But I have not asked, for you have never before been pleased with too many questions."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Several hours later, Riebe slipped into the hangar of Danera's ship and entered the Ragnarok in search of Strider.

Tepe smirked at Charna and nodded.

"Power, my dear Charna. Power is the answer. When you emerge in the Dark Ways of the Sith, you recieve yellow eyes as a note of your powers. I have gained much power throught an unleashing of someone special. Someone who has been hiding her true strenght for far too long. Charna, it was Riebe. She exploded in a way I have never felt anyone before her do. Her powers were immense and by unleashing them she caused a major disturbance in the force, which I drew power from as long as it lasted. Hence my eyes switched colour to white, which has not hapened before to anyone in Sith history. It is said that not even Palpatine, the greatest Sith of all time, had achieved the powers needed to fall this deep. However, I am concerned of this also. I have fallen too far and even if I love the powers it has given me, I feel disturbance inside of me which I have never felt before..." he said and sighed, looking at them before shaking his head.

"No... This is not the time nor the place to speak of that. Go get ready for your meeting with the Council. I will attend, but only as an observer of the test. The council will decide if you have what it takes to finish your trainings" he said and turned the hoverchair's back to them, falling into his own thoughts that also rang inside Riebe's mind. It was not of his choise to contact her, but his light side demanded it.

'What has come of us, Riebe? We have known for many years and I respect you and Strider highly, yet now we have betrayed both ourselves and our friendships for absolutely nothing. Empires will be raised and they will fall, whatever might be the time or place. I have heard of rumours that a Galactic Alliance is being formed between the Imperials and the Republic, so the Dominion will not stand for long if they succeed to rally the galaxy. Riebe, the place you are looking for is Roon, but why pass on your curse of eternal life to the children you now train? Is it not enought you suffer from it? Is it not enought you will see the golden years pass and the darker ages hold?'

((I think we're all a bit confused on that matter wild. #1- black knight wasn't completely right. #2- wildjedi wasn't completely right. #3- I wasn't completely right. That's what I mean in my signature.))

Gandon answered, "We seek your aid. A shadow looms over the galaxy. I know you've sensed this but the Sith are growing in power everyday. We must find them and put a stop to this. Do you know of anything that might help us?"

Strider was not a hard figure to miss, standing just a few inches over six feet tall as he overlooked the engineers going through the Navigational Computer. His arms were crossed, and for the moment said little to nothing as they searched the data. He turned some when Riebe came in and nodded a greeting lightly, though not letting the engineers out from under his eyes.

((Yes, yes, it's my fault. I have no desire to pin the blame on anyone else. But happy, happy, 'cus here's a post :) ))

Riebe looked ready to speak to Strider, but then, she heard Tepe's mental message and she paled. Then, she looked up to Strider.

"Tepe told me the planet we're looking for," she said quietly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Charna bowed to Tepe and withdrew to do as he'd ordered; prepare for the test.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Luke eyed Gandon and Katherine for a moment before nodding slowly. "I sense no deception from you. Kyle will prepare rooms for you."

Tepe sat quietly inside the now empty room. The fish holograms were switched off and the Dark Lord turned around to see his Colonel taking off his helmet.

"Lord, the other guards have recieved their instructions. All I must do is give them the order and they will turn on Kaoin"

"Keep them ready. I do not trust Kaoin enought to let him slip out of my grasp, but it would be a shame to lose him too"

"I know, sire, but sometimes you must keep your enemies closer than your friends"

"Indeed... Have you heard any news?"

"Yes, sire. It seems that the Republic Senate has passed a vote on negotiations with the empire. They plan on unification, which means we will have much more enemies on our hands than before"

"Hmh... They never learn. Tell the Grand Admiral to strike on their supply routes with every expendable ship we have"

"Yes, sire"

------

An engineer walked over to Strider with a astromech. The astromech activated a hologram that showed a huge field of asteroids.

"We found a place that matched your coordinates. Legends tell that that is the Cloak of the Sith. It's rumoured that there's a few planets inside it, but nobody really has managed to confirm that" the engineer said and whistled. The rest of the engineers and droids left the Ragnarok and even the chief engineer left after giving a copy of a disk with the coordinates to Strider

"What is the name of the planet?" He asked once the engineers had left the ship. Strider then sent a message to the rest of the Sith Hunters mentally - Riebe also felt it, so she'd be informed as to what he was doing.

Sith Hunters - Everyone return to the Ragnarok. We're leaving.

He walked to the navigation computer and looked at Riebe, inserting the disk and bringing up the charts they just gave him. He got the name of the planet from her (moving it along some sorry WJ :p) and ran a scan for the name in the Ragnarok's Star Charts.

The onscreen display zoomed out to encompass the vast galaxy, searched around, then zoomed in on a specific area. It showed the same asteroid field that was presented by the chief engineer. It began searching the asteroid field, then the computer seemed to freeze for a moment. The onboard computer voice for the Ragnarok spoke up.

"Please Verify Identification."

Strider blinked. He had never gotten anything like this before in the Ragnarok.

"Strider Flamehart."

There was a pause, and the voice chimed back in moments later.

"Access Denied. Please try again."

Strider blinked. He remembered then he was much different when he had first acquired the Ragnarok, and it was based off voice recognition when he first installed the ship's computer and security. The ship would follow basic orders under any licensed owner. He closed his eyes and drew upon the more darker side of himself. He spoke slowly, his voice dark and evil, and once again spoke his name.

"Strider Flamehart."

"Access Allowed. Welcome back, Master Flamehart. So the current owner truly was the very same all this time."

With that, suddenly the map zoomed in on a planet, identifying it as the one Riebe had mentioned. It gave the coordinates, and then prompted Strider if he wished to set that as the destination once the ship had undocked with the pirate craft. Strider agreed, returning to his normal self now that the Ragnarok recognized him completely.

He turned as Katherine (God. I just realized there's two of them in this RP. Don't get them confused!) was one of the first Hunters to return. Followed behind her shortly was Cylia, then the rest of the Hunters. Strider spoke to all of them.

"Everyone, we are going deep into Sith Space to experience the history of the Sith Hunters. It is possible that we may be able to innoculate all of you with the same genetic alteration that the original Hunters - save for myself - received that drastically slowed their aging, however that is an option that is up to you. If you wish to receive this gift, or curse, however you look at it, we are going there to retrieve it. If you do not wish to, speak now. You will not be ousted for your decision, but you must understand that you will age while we do not, and you will eventually pass with time while we remain. It is your choice, what is it, fellow Hunters?" Strider asked of them.

((Yeah, well I won't deny the story needed a little kick :p ))

Riebe closed her eyes and sent a mental message back to Tepe.

Long life can be a blessing and a curse at different times. While I did not choose it for myself, I have rarely regretted it. These younglings have been offered the choice. Do not worry, old friend. Before we ever set foot on Roon, I will make it very clear to them what they are accepting.

Riebe stepped forward beside Strider.

"Before you give your answers, you must be very sure you understand what you're agreeing to," she said softly. "I have lived thus far for more than 2000 years and based on my physical aging thus far, I still have 61,000 years before I look like an eighty-year-old. This means that I could very likely live to be 85 or 86 thousand, if my aging pattern follows that of my ancestors."

"Ancestors who died near 2000 years ago?" Jahara clarified.

"Yes," Riebe agreed, "and I'd really appreciate it if you didn't ask me how I know their ages when they died. At any rate, I have seen countless deaths, many of people who were very close to me. I have lived through many dangerous times, a few of them by hiding. I have been near death on many different occasions and I can tell you from that experience what an unpleasant situation it is."

She sighed slightly. "But despite the heavy costs, there are great rewards as well. You learn more about the Force than a Jedi will ever know. You meet many amazing people, a few of which will at times do great things for the stability of the galaxy. And in some ways, the greatest reward is that you can be a part of history in the making... to see it in your own eyes and see the effects of it in the future."

She smiled faintly and closed her eyes. "I leave the decision to you now."

Jahara spoke almost immediately after Riebe was finished with her speech.

"The pain of loss was shown to me at loosing my closest friend," she said. "The pain of death, I have felt. The chance to see history in the making and to partake in those events and the repercussions of them is not a chance I will shy from."

She stepped forward. "I will join you in your long life."

((Wow... WJ wrote a damn book again :p ))

The room was empty and a fish stared at the Dark Lord, even if the innocent creature did not know it. The two stared at each others before the fish swam suddenly to a small hole somewhere. Tepe contacted his ship and the Admiral bowed.

"There is a small ship approaching. You should recognize it as the Ragnarok, the ship of the Sith Hunters. Move out to the hyperspace route and pull them out of hyperspace before they get here, then jam their signal. I don't want the other sith to know of their presence. Let them pass and land on the planet, even if it wouldbe cloaked. I want it to land safely" he said and the Admiral bowed again before the communications were cut. The Dark Lord stood up, leaving for the door. As he got outside, his guards were waiting for him to walk with him to the meeting. When the Dark Lord entered the large chamber where the Sith Council was meeting, he walked straight and sat down on his old seat. It was good to be back and see how his apprentices would handle the situations. He had arranged so that when the Ragnarok landed, he would be notified so he could take them to a tour around the ancient Sith Temples now removed from use after deemed unsafe due to several Dark side nexuses. It would be the ultimate test to both he and the Sith Hunters as it was very tempting to embrace the full Dark Side there and become nothing but a savage beast controlled by hatred towards the light side

It did not take long after undocking. The Ragnarok flew a short distance away from the pirate's ship and Strider initiated the jump coordinates. The Ragnarok disappeared into hyperspace, the stars turning to streaks before Strider's eyes in the cockpit. It didn't take long for the Ragnarok to cross the hyperspace route the Sith were watching, and the Ragnarok was jerked out again.

Strider growled angrily and slammed his fist on the panel. "This is really starting to get old," he muttered.

Unlike what they had gone hrought before, this time the Dominion ship didn't even use it's tractor beams on the Ragnarok. It merely contacted the ship withou even it's weapons armed.

"You are just outside the range of the sensors placed on Roon. We have been sent here to make sure you land there safely. Please cloak your ship and follow us. We'll let you inside our shields so your signal would blend in with ours. Please do not harm this ship while you have the chance so we don't have to blast you either" the Admiral said and the shields of the humongous Dungeon Ship were deactivated while it passed over the Ragnarok and towards Roon.

------

Down on the planet, the tests of the apprentices were taking place in a secret chamber right next to the Council Chamber where they would observe via the force. The Guards of the Dark Lord stepped inside the Chamber and Tepe looked up from his observation.

"Lord, the Phasma is coming back withing Sensor range. They report they have salvaged the remains of a shippresumed to be the Ragnarok"

"Good. Excuse me, council members. I must make sure they have been taken care of"

"We shall inform of your apprentices' success when you come back, Lord Tepe"

Tepe stood up and left the Chamber. As the door shut and the guards started walking down the corridor towards the main entrance where the shuttle waited for him and to take him to the old Temple.

"Did they put up a fight?"

"Not according to the Admiral, sir. They reported that they'll arrive in two minutes and let the Ragnarok pass down after reporting it as a shuttle"

"Good. Send the Ragnarok the coordinates of the temple, but don't tell who it's from. When we arrive at the temple, secure the control center but leave everything else to me. Don't activate the weapons systems or any other security systems. I want nothing disturbing us when we're inside. If they want to destroy me, they will, but do not stop that. If that does happen, evacuate the Sith Order"

"Yes, Lord Tepe"

Those were the last orders from Tepe before he would get in touch with the Sith Hunters.

((Speeding it up a bit))

------

The Ragnarok had managed to land softly on the small field right next to the Temple. As the Sith Hunters started to emerge from the ship, a dark figure stood by the entrance, stepping forth and removing his hood.

"Welcome to the birth place of the Sith Hunter legend. Now, I must first of all warn you about what awaits you inside the Temple. It had already been abandoned a few hundred years before I entered the Sith Order. They tell me it was abandonde because of strog Dark Side Nexuses formed by the immense Sith Magic used there to make creatures and weapons beyond your imaginations. Some of these may still be down there, so we'll have to be extremely careful. 'Project Hunter' is located on the second sublevel, so we'll have quite some time to talk. Shall we, then? Or do you have questions in need of answering before we go?" the Dark Lord said and turned his side towards the Temple, raising his hand and pointing at the wide open entrance, awaiting for their entrance with a light coming from inside. The Guards had managed to get the power back on and everything had been set up. There was a small comlink reciever on Tepe's ear so he could hear the directions and warnings but there was no way of communicating back unless he used the force

Archived