Home

xbox

at2

hello, I am one of those annoying xbox users asking for help. I understand that if you play games on pc and dont have an xbox, that you dont really get anything out of making a program like kotor tool to modify a game. I would like to ask if fred tetra could please make the newer versions of kotor tool at least partially compatible with xbox versions. I understand that you're probably busy and if you dont want to then I would appreciate a few names of people that would be willing to. again, sorry if i'm just bugging you.

• 1 year later...

Logan you are extremly wrong in this process. Infact in the past Fred has provided assistance as well as the community in how to use Kotor Tool with the Xbox for modding it. Infact there is a small contingent of people who make mods for the Xbox.

Also the demand that somebody lock a thread because somebody requests a feature for Kotor Tool in the proper subforums is inappropriate and rude.

I would like to ask if fred tetra could please make the newer versions of kotor tool at least partially compatible with xbox versions.

Even if Fred was still active here, I highly doubt this would be even possible...

How would the program run? From my understanding the XBox is not a normal PC so running this on your actual XBox would be very hard, if not impossible to do. Let alone the fact that you would need other programs as well, KotOR Tool is not an all-in-one program, to mod these games you need other programs that I know the XBox likely would not be able to run either.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding things... that happens alot. ;)

As I understand it, the only way to mod KOTOR on Xbox is to softmod (or hardmod presumably) your Xbox and then copy the files into an override folder that you create on the Xbox hard disk. But also from what I hear, a lot of mods don't like the Xbox, for example, the Xbox doesn't know how to make USM work, so the sabers don't look right.

However, I am under the impression that you can use the current KOTOR tool to mod normally, and then use the softmodding (or hardmodding) approach to make your mod work. As RedHawke said, I don't see how making an Xbox KOTOR tool version would actually achieve anything, since the Xbox doesn't have an operating system capable of running Kotor tool, not to mention the lack of keyboard, etc.

From a very quick search I found these links:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=161725

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=166492

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150693

From that it seems that models don't work well in the Xbox, but everything else should.

So just use the Kotor Tool on PC for all your modding delights and then transfer the files to your Xbox when you want to play the mod. Don't try to actually mod on your Xbox.

Archived