Home

KOTOR2 TSL The Movie

Lord2

Hello everyone,

So the other day I was playing through the second KOTOR II (Knights of the Old Republic 2, PC), just wanting to experience the story again. And I came with the best idea ever, how great would it be to enjoy this story again without having to invest so much time in playing...?

I thought of an idea... edit together the game's cinemas and important chats (with your party and npcs) and some in game footage to create a 'movie' based on it.

Well, I did the first Peragus section, opened with the crawl and their first cinema, then before editing I logged and captured my game, taking my time and doing what I could to pass the level while making it look cool.

Loaded it in my system, try to give it as a more realistic gritty feel (the cgi cinema movies benefited best from this), edited the opening section and used real SW music and the KOTOR2 music to edit it all together, and it looked really nice.

Wondering if anyone would be interested in this... It'll take some time, maybe I can get some clips up soon!

PS. But It was not here I started the project, so I've worked more the text above was copied from the forum I started it. Anyway, I'm still working on it But I've great news the teaser is done.

If you are interested in this, please watch my teaser at youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzgxbvZzAVE

#Lord2, The second lord

I was half-expecting a "Who would you cast" Thread, but this is actually very interesting. I don't have a video editing tool, but your work looks pretty cool. I like this, especially in the way that you can make multiple movies on KotOR II, with different genders/alignments/personalities etc.

I'm soo looking forward to this. :)

P.S. Can you make the music a little more consistent? I love the trailer, but the music and transitions seem to change a bit suddenly.

Sure! Well the second trailer will be released soon, the first trailer was threw altogether before I got to sleep, and the trailer should have been released earlier so it was delayed.

And for some reason youtube made the sound/music be out of sync sometimes, but thanks for the comment.

Yeah This looks cool, but please... I can't say that I can hear the original Star wars Theme, but that might be impossible to throw in here... And I agree with the other guys around here... play through the whole game, and maybe find out if you want it to be a darkside ending or a lightside ending :) cool trailer btw :)

Love the teasers. The second one was the best. Perhaps you can find a way to blot out the sounds that are made when you make a choice selection.

That should be done by doing something with the UI SFX volume, or something. If it blocks out the ambient SFX, then try accessing the UI SFX through Kotor tools and blanking them out. I wouldn't recommend deletion, though, and of course, be sure to Backup!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice , very nice !!! Its real awesome !!! Just one thing tough , the floating quick menu above their heads looks real funny . I hope their is a way to make it dissapear .( bad spelling ,auch ;))

But please keep this thread updated , I want to see more of this movie :D

Have you considered using 3D-Max to render parts , if you extract files with KotorTool and import them in Max , you could animate stuff yourself .

Archived