Home

Making a new robe...

Terra

EDIT: I worked everything else out all i need to know now is...

I have made some custom robes, called "Chaos Knight Jedi Robes" which are based upon the "Dark Jedi Robes". I have edited these and they work fine.

I have also made a custom texture (PFBI06.tga) for this and they work fine...

The actual robes only worked fine when using the "Dark Jedi Robes" texture, and the textures for the "Chaos Knight Jedi Robes" only worked if you had the "Dark Jedi Robes"... And when I put them together, then the Dark Jedi Robes still appear with my custom texture...

However, I don't want the custom texture to interfere with the texture for the "Dark Jedi Robes" and so i changed the name of my robe texture to PFBI18.tga and made the Texture Variation in the Kotor Tool Properties 18 too...

However when i tried adding these in KSE it spits some errors out at me...

Any help would be appreciated... If its too hard to understand just ask me to clarify, i explained as best i could.... Thankyou.

Yeah i have done that... But when i try to use KSE to add it in it gives me an error... something to do with perl... I am assuming that it has something to do with KSE not seeing my texture or something?

EDIT:

Heres the error

Error msg. Can't use and undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /PerlApp/Bioware/TPC.pm line 190.

Oh, i made a mistake in explaining...

When i click on the item in KSE it comes up with that error.

However i tried ignoring it last night and i added it and saved it, opened in kotor 2 and it worked fine except the icon was white.... So that leads me to believe the error was caused because there is no icon for the robes? Also, where can i find the correct icon for the robes i modified?

Thanks very much...

Ahh, thank you very much, however is there any tutorials on how to make the actual icons, i did a few searches but they haven't managed to turn anything up... unless im using the wrong words...

I just wanted to know how the game differentiates between the transparency and black (i noticed that the bg in icons I've seen is simply black...)

Archived