Home

Kreia hand mod

SykoRevan

Hopefully this has not been done before, but I haven't been able to find a mod that restores the original model for Kreia before Sion cut off her hand. I really dislike the one-handed Kreia for both visual and gameplay reasons. Hopefully someone with more computer literacy than me will make this mod. I would prefer that the mod be in the shape of a robe that, when equipped on Kreia, will simply return her to the model we first see on Peragus.

The easiest way would probably be to modify the handless Kreia appearance in appearance.2da to use the twohanded Kreia model and remove the equipment slot restriction. That way all cutscene models, appearance checks and such should get fixed automatically.

The easiest way would probably be to modify the handless Kreia appearance in appearance.2da to use the twohanded Kreia model and remove the equipment slot restriction. That way all cutscene models, appearance checks and such should get fixed automatically.

Hmm... SykoRevan, would that be a feasible alternative?

If so, just say the word and I will go ahead.

_EW_

I'm not really sure how that would come out, but what I really want is to have the Kreia model from the beginning of the game, when you first meet her and before Sion cuts her hand off. Like I said, this is for visual as well as gameplay reasons. If you've noticed, after she loses her hand, her tunic below her neck is light greenish, but her neck is still the light brown color her original tunic is. (For those of you who might not know what I mean by tunic, it's the part of her clothes under her brown robes.) Also, her remaining hand is a nasty looking pale yellow. I'm not sure if that's what you meant stoffe, but that's basically it. I should point out that I am almost computer illiterate. It's why I'm not a modder myself. I should also say thank you for even taking the time to consider the mod.

I'm not really sure how that would come out, but what I really want is to have the Kreia model from the beginning of the game, when you first meet her and before Sion cuts her hand off.

Yes, what I described would essentially make Kreia have her Early-Peragus appearance during the entire game. It would only require changing a few values on a single line in the appearance.2da file, so it's a fairly quick fix (if you know how) that EnderWiggin could make for you.

That's what the request forum is for, getting things done you don't know how to do yourself. :)

Actually I have something that gives you a glove item that changes her appearance. It's set up so at the Medical center computer on Telos' Citadel station will set Kreia up with a prosthetic. I also gave here a gloved appearance(nothing special since my reskining skills are weak). It doesn't have a proper(or any) read-me file but it does uses an installer. It won't change most of the cutscenes since they use a different .utc to spawn her character. Let me know if you're interested.

I looked at the Assorted Robes Collection, but for some reason my game would get glitchy when Kreia wore any robes. I think it may have been because of another mod I have on my computer, but I don't know which one.

Define 'glitchy'?

The script to change Kreia's 'look' whan you put different robes on her can take a few seconds to take effect. From what I understand anyway. ;)

the game just goes a bit slower with the assorted robes and the game doesn't run very smooth, especially on Dantooine or on Citadel Station in the module with Czerka and the Exchange, where it has frozen a few times. The only way to run a smooth game was to turn off V-Sync, antrisopy, and tune down the visual quality. Plus, (and no offense to the maker of the assorted robes mod) I don't really favor most of the robes, except for the Jedi Knight and Master Robes. Some of them just look strange on Kreia. I guess I just like the natural Kreia look.

the game just goes a bit slower with the assorted robes and the game doesn't run very smooth, especially on Dantooine or on Citadel Station in the module with Czerka and the Exchange, where it has frozen a few times...

I also got same problem with or without mods in my override dir.

Hint: on Telos, initiate dialog with all characters in area. That will make them stop walking but your game will get back to normal.

The easy way to get back kreia with both hands is to run KotorTool, extract p_kreia1hbb.mdl and p_kreia1hbb.mdx, rename those files to p_kreiabb.mdl / p_kreiabb.mdx and drop renamed files in override dir.

Sorry I haven't been on recently, I was battered with R/L for a moment, and then was quite ill. I have since returned to health... and I was wondering... I did both Stoffe's and Oldflash's methods on creating this mod. Which would you prefer, and how can I contact you? Send me your email through a PM.

_EW_

The easy way to get back kreia with both hands is to run KotorTool, extract p_kreia1hbb.mdl and p_kreia1hbb.mdx, rename those files to p_kreiabb.mdl / p_kreiabb.mdx and drop renamed files in override dir.

The problem with doing it this way is that while her model will have both hands she would still be unable to dual-wield or hold twohanded weapons since her left hand slot would still be locked. You'd need to modify appearance.2da as well to unlock the equipment slot, and then you might as well switch the models there as well instead. :)

Archived