Home

RumorMole + Xbox360 + Sam Max = funfunfun

Scummbuddy

In the latest edition of the Official Xbox Magazine, the rumor mole mentions that "If its episodic debut on PC goes as well as expected, watch for Sam and Max to find its way to Xbox Live Arcade."

I will say that this rumor mole has quite the percentage of being correct.

http://www.shacknews.com/extras/2006/051206_e3_day2_chris_1.x

Telltale is currently in general early discussions with Microsoft about the possibility of making its games available via Xbox Live Marketplace. Since Telltale's games are compact and episodic already, they would fit with Live and its limited game download sizes. The studio also hopes to speak with Nintendo and Sony about similar possibilities, presumably once those companies actually outline their full plans for downloadable content.

http://www.shacknews.com/extras/2006/092006_telltale_dan_1.x

Shack: When I talked to [Telltale CTO] Kevin [bruner] during E3, he mentioned that, in addition to Wii, something for Xbox Live Arcade might be in the works. Any update on that?

Dan Connors: Well yeah, to me, Xbox Live Arcade is doing it. They're out there executing. As far as all the consoles go, their digital distribution is the most tangible, successful operating going right now. It's the only next generation console out at the moment, but they've done great work there. Just like with everyone else, there's a lot of talk going on about how our business model fits in with what they're doing. The business is always more complicated than one phone call. One phone call is like, "Hey, how are you doing? Nice to meet you. Where'd you work? Oh yeah, how's Sally doing?" It's a long process no matter what. There are very few things that just get signed up on day one.

Makes sense, it's already possible to buy and download games off of X-Box live, it seems like a no-brainer to bring Sam n Max in. The mouse may be difficult though, if it's a matter of moving the cursor around with the analogue stick gamers probably wouldn't like it as much.

Archived