Home

HK-47...Mods to change class?

LazloAlbatross

I've been collecting mods for KotOR from various sources so that when I go through the game again I can have unique experiences for quite some time. One particular mod that has me psyched has been RedHawke's "Make Mission/Carth/Candorous into a Jedi" Mod. I love the idea that I can now play through the game with characters that for some reasons I just seem to lose interest with early on in the game after I become a Jedi.

However, I begun to wonder who else could have an interesting Jedi overhaul, which led me to think about a certian gun totting, vocally vicsious droid that we all know and love: HK-47.

My big request is for someone to actually create a Mod to allow HK-47 to become a Dark Jedi. I mean, if there was a way to give him an extra set of arms and a cape model, he would make a pretty slick varient of a certian underused robotic jedi killing, saber stealing villain from RotS. Ah, poor misunderstood General Grevious...

I give this request to anyone who dares take the challange, though I'm staring in RedHawke's direction to take the reins on this one.

Thanks in advance,

LazloAlbatross

If it's possible to allow HK-47 to weild a Jedi Saber, then that would be interesting to see. Also, if anyone could in turn create special Jedi armor/ Skin mod to give HK-47 a new look to go with his new weapons/ abilites as a Jedi-esque melee fighter, then that would be great.

Also, thank you for the good points, Anakin, and thanks for the welcome as well.

It's worse than just a floating lightsaber, actually. I've tried doing this myself, and HK won't move at all during combat (due to the lack of animations). It can get very old (and looks unrealistic) to see him standing completely still while in a fight.

If you're interested in making this, though, it's a very simple process. Just download Kotor Tool and head to Kotor I/BIFs/templates.bif/Blueprint, Character/p_hk47.utc.

From there, go to 'Class' and where it says 'Combat Droid'. Click that, and choose the Jedi class from the list provided. To give the lightsaber proficiency feat, go to 'Feats' and check the box by 'Weapon Proficiency: Lightsaber'.

Just save the file to your override folder, and you're good to go. :)

First of all, Spelling error is in bold...

Practice what you preach... I found one in your post, too. ;)

spelnig misdake? rillie? wowe. XD

if you could find someone to make you a few custom battle animations, you could get him to look "more or less" normal.

as to the weirdness of Hk-47 being "force sensitive", it would be creepy to see a droid using force lighting. O_o. but it would give him force powers, and in my experiance he can use force powers fine in combat.

It's worse than just a floating lightsaber, actually. I've tried doing this myself, and HK won't move at all during combat (due to the lack of animations). It can get very old (and looks unrealistic) to see him standing completely still while in a fight.

If you're interested in making this, though, it's a very simple process. Just download Kotor Tool and head to Kotor I/BIFs/templates.bif/Blueprint, Character/p_hk47.utc.

From there, go to 'Class' and where it says 'Combat Droid'. Click that, and choose the Jedi class from the list provided. To give the lightsaber proficiency feat, go to 'Feats' and check the box by 'Weapon Proficiency: Lightsaber'.

Just save the file to your override folder, and you're good to go.

No that won't work as you will not get any new feats or gain/powers/FCPts. You can't use force powers on a droid as they didnt make the annimations. No one has cracked anymations yet but the person who does will become very famous!

I tried this out once myself. Well, sort of. I gave him a melee weapon feat to stand more of a chance against the Tusken Raiders and that didn't turn out well because of HK-47's lack of animations.

So the next solution was getting him a much more powerful blaster giving him the top of the line blaster feats! :dev6:

No that won't work as you will not get any new feats or gain/powers/FCPts. You can't use force powers on a droid as they didnt make the annimations. No one has cracked anymations yet but the person who does will become very famous!

You can grant the feats/force powers etc just fine. There are just no corresponding animations, which is what Devon was saying ;)

spelnig misdake? rillie? wowe. XD

if you could find someone to make you a few custom battle animations, you could get him to look "more or less" normal.

as to the weirdness of Hk-47 being "force sensitive", it would be creepy to see a droid using force lighting. O_o. but it would give him force powers, and in my experiance he can use force powers fine in combat.

If I just forget the Purist ideal of not letting a droid be "force sensative, then I'm okay with it. Well, you could always just call HK's force lighting a "huge internal reactor discharge" or a "deadly short circuit".

Thanks for all the replies so far, everyone!

You can grant the feats/force powers etc just fine. There are just no corresponding animations, which is what Devon was saying

Yes me of all people shold know that! What i'm thrying to say is that you canno't change a class with one move you need to do feats...

Hey! Is is possible to switch annimations to another person through scripting! Caus if you can switch it to a jedi or sommink like zat then you will get near enough to a force power

Yes me of all people shold know that! What i'm thrying to say is that you canno't change a class with one move you need to do feats...

Hey! Is is possible to switch annimations to another person through scripting! Caus if you can switch it to a jedi or sommink like zat then you will get near enough to a force power

Nope, impossible, I'm afraid :(

Archived