Home

Yoda's Bug and Suggestions thread

JackBaldy

The push/pull defend animation should be...  

6 members have voted

1. 1. The push/pull defend animation should be...

• left how it is
    • removed
    • other (post your suggestion)

I don't like the speed idea, preventing someone from running away is stupid... if he is low on DP and runs away, you can pull him...

With your thing, someone low on DP is dead for sure, which is a bad point IMO.

They already get slower when they are in red dodge points, but this is only at the extremes. so around 70-80 percent of the time you can make a clean getaway pretty easily and come back fully recovered. This is because in O.J.P. you don't actually lose anything you can't recover in a saber fight (aside from lightning taking away health points). And force vulnerability is supposed to work at red dodge points but apparently it is not working with absorb 3 (which is what Hoc ni and I tested it with, we might have to test with different levels of absorb and force defense by actually choosing the powers etc.), so there goes your idea out the window. But like I said, it is all at the extremes, which leaves a big window for someone who wants to just run away to do it and do it easily.

Well you did have Push 2 or 3, which also blocks Push of the same level like Absorb does.

You must've had something, there's not much else you can spend the 60 points on.

Also if someone wants to run away I don't see why he shouldn't be able too, the majority of points that we get are from dueling and gunfights, draining DP and not from killing others. I like that :p

Okay lol <3 :p

I was focusing more on jump, attack, and saber defend. In the test with Hoc ni I did have the force powers (level 3, same as he) he tested on me while I was at red dodge points at level 3 plus absorb 3 though. Draining DP gives you skill points? The majority of points I get is from killing others though (In a point progression server), although it is pretty much easy to just run away... I personally just never liked the idea that you could just turn around and run away so easily without any penalties and my suggestion would fix it.

I've been doing some more testing with Max, and I realized that Absorb levels are different. But I was just under the impression that if Absorb levels were equivalent or higher than the force power being used then it would absorb it always. Hoc nor Sushi ever told me otherwise, and I apologize for the false bug. Well anyways, it seems that Absorb levels reflect the level of protection you would get if you were to choose a force power of that level. For example, absorb 1 will defend against push 3 but not if running, from behind, or jumping. Absorb 2 will defend against push 3 but not if jumping. Absorb 3 will defend push 3 always aside from behind/jumping from behind when in red dodge points. Sorry for the confusion.

*edit* Thanks again for the help Max. :D

Suggestions:

*Maxstate's old suggestion for speed reborn* Make speed a toggle that if held down it grants you superior speed but also takes away force at x rate, and doesn't have such a huge initial cost. More for like bursts of speed.

PS. Maxstate please add/fix anything that I messed up on your old suggestion :p

Updated bugs list:

**Lightning parries, the origin of this bug might be caused by saber idle damage/how sabers clashing effects parries

**Juyo has extremely fast transitions that may need some looking into

**Makashi has some fast transitions but to a lesser extent than Juyo, may or may not need some looking into.

**Juyo and Makashi getting stuck, usually happens when they are parried.

**Saber system exploit (Has been ticketed)

**Absorb not reflecting lightning when the user who is getting lightninged is in melee (I was told by JRHockney that it is supposed to reflect while in melee)

**Running doesn't make dodge point's regeneration slower. (Confirmed as a bug by JRHockney)

Updated Suggestions:

**Make it so when you are in a heavy bounce you cannot turn.

**Heavy bounces having a larger range in the mishap bar, JRHockney suggested roughly 55 or 60 through 90.

**Attack parries returning to how it used to be to make attack parrying more difficult. (I agree with Razors reduce attack parry ticket)

**Attack parries being able to interrupt pre-block animations so the first hit has the same amount of probability to occur as the others and attack parrying can be reverted to the way it used to be. (Now you pretty much have a hard time attack parrying the first hit because the pre-block animation isn't fast enough thus the rushing opponent gets a hit on you and get break your mishap plans for say, Heavy bounces.)

** The push/pull defend animations always playing when you are push/pulled should be altered, and vulnerabilities when in these animations need some looking into.

**Make player speed related to dodge points by a multiplier, x * dodge points = player speed where x = the multiplier. This would make it harder for players to easily just turn around and evade/run away (Which I tested against Hoc ni and worked very well). This suggestion would be for those who mind that people can enter a fight and easily getaway mid fight with 1/3 DP.

**Give more choices to the attacker when trying to catch a runner

***Maxstate's old suggestion for speed reborn* Make speed a toggle that if held down it grants you superior speed but also takes away force at x rate, and doesn't have such a huge initial cost. More for like bursts of speed.

That's about it.

**Makashi has some fast transitions but to a lesser extent than Juyo, may or may not need some looking into.

They're fine for me, trust me, most of these 'bugs' are ping related.

Just trust me for once you guys.

**Juyo and Makashi getting stuck, usually happens when they are parried.

This is extremely annoying, confirmed bug.

**Absorb not reflecting lightning when the user who is getting lightninged is in melee (I was told by JRHockney that it is supposed to reflect while in melee)

Unless you're Yoda, 400 years old and have been training as a Jedi master for at least half as long, I don't see how that could work.

Mace Windu who is by the universe's standard a "level 18" Jedi master (Preceding only Palpatine and Yoda) could only reflect it back using his lightsaber.

Updated Suggestions:

**Not being able to turn directions in a heavy bounce

This is very important and should stay in, as far as I'm concerned, small bounces and freezes should have you unable to move in direction too.

Not only is it unrealistic but it also takes away the possibility of backwhacking your opponent for a quick kill, which turns out to be a nice finishing move too.

**Heavy bounces having a larger range in the mishap bar, JRHockney suggested roughly 55 or 60 through 90.

I would like to see the mishap bar be affected by different attacks in different manners, like DFA's should pump it higher than a regular attack.

**Attack parries returning to how it used to be to make attack parrying more difficult. (I agree with Razors reduce attack parry ticket)

**Attack parries being able to interrupt pre-block animations so the first hit has the same amount of probability to occur as the others and attack parrying can be reverted to the way it used to be. (Now you pretty much have a hard time attack parrying the first hit because the pre-block animation isn't fast enough thus the rushing opponent gets a hit on you and get break your mishap plans for say, Heavy bounces.)

Try it with lower pings and higher sv_fps and report back.

** The push/pull defend animations always playing when you are push/pulled should be altered, and vulnerabilities when in these animations need some looking into.

Only 'trick' I can say I've gotten a lot of experience with in the short time I played base. I think maybe people should just not make any attempts at blocking a force power that is under their league?

**Make player speed related to dodge points by a multiplier, x * dodge points = player speed where x = the multiplier. This would make it harder for players to easily just turn around and evade/run away (Which I tested against Hoc ni and worked very well). This suggestion would be for those who mind that people can enter a fight and easily getaway mid fight with 1/3 DP.

So when people get shot by gunners they're trying to approach they just fall to a stand still from all the shots they've taken?

There's a lot more thinking that needs to be done before you send such wild ideas out into the fray, I don't like it even if it was perfectly balanced.

**Give more choices to the attacker when trying to catch a runner

Agreed here, that's why I want saberthrow to be more useful as well...

Some suggestions:

-Increase speed with more levels bought.

-More damage

-More rotations

-Slow returning boomerang if pull 2 is purchased

-Ability to pick up when walked over

-Ability to damage people that walk into it when it's stuck in a wall

***Maxstate's old suggestion for speed reborn* Make speed a toggle that if held down it grants you superior speed but also takes away force at x rate, and doesn't have such a huge initial cost. More for like bursts of speed.

That's about it.

Burst of speed could make speed so much more useful and fun to use, although we should also think about balancing it.

"Unless you're Yoda, 400 years old and have been training as a Jedi master for at least half as long, I don't see how that could work.

Mace Windu who is by the universe's standard a "level 18" Jedi master (Preceding only Palpatine and Yoda) could only reflect it back using his lightsaber."

Hoc ni told me it was supposed to reflect, so I went by what he said. Is this true or false?

"They're fine for me, trust me, most of these 'bugs' are ping related.

Just trust me for once you guys."

I tried making a video to show them, but it came out all black when I uploaded it to Youtube. If there is no problem with Juyo having such fast transitions then I would suggest the others get the same treatment.

"This is very important and should stay in, as far as I'm concerned, small bounces and freezes should have you unable to move in direction too.

Not only is it unrealistic but it also takes away the possibility of backwhacking your opponent for a quick kill, which turns out to be a nice finishing move too."

I meant make it so when you are in a heavy bounce you cannot turn. Sorry for my poor choice of words :p

"I would like to see the mishap bar be affected by different attacks in different manners, like DFA's should pump it higher than a regular attack."

Would add extra depth? Sure why not.

"Try it with lower pings and higher sv_fps and report back."

Generally I just want attack parrying to be how it used to be, right now it is way to common much like in 009 for my taste. Just my opinion on it, before those new pre-block animations and this new method of parrying was introduced attack parrying used to be much harder to do.

"Only 'trick' I can say I've gotten a lot of experience with in the short time I played base. I think maybe people should just not make any attempts at blocking a force power that is under their league?"

Well that would certainly fix my gripe against those defend animations. What about force powers that are equivalent in league? I really hated being force pushed spam in the Templar server, was unable to fight as it was being spammed and interrupting my every attack plus making vulnerable for the bots to get a cheap kill in :p

"So when people get shot by gunners they're trying to approach they just fall to a stand still from all the shots they've taken?

There's a lot more thinking that needs to be done before you send such wild ideas out into the fray, I don't like it even if it was perfectly balanced."

Well you got a point there. There could be other ways to make running away harder though.

"Agreed here, that's why I want saberthrow to be more useful as well...

Some suggestions:

-Increase speed with more levels bought.

-More damage

-More rotations

-Slow returning boomerang if pull 2 is purchased

-Ability to pick up when walked over

-Ability to damage people that walk into it when it's stuck in a wall"

The more options the merrier I say.

"Burst of speed could make speed so much more useful and fun to use, although we should also think about balancing it."

Agreed.

I just tested with Max, and force vulnerability does work but only from behind. It is not supposed to work from the front? Hoc ni was under the impression that it was which put me under the impression that it was :p

I thought that that's what we ended up doing when we created that. The strange thing is, I'm pretty sure you we're running away from me with your back turned when I used force power on you. Maybe it just needs a wider window in the red area to work better.

Unless you're Yoda, 400 years old and have been training as a Jedi master for at least half as long, I don't see how that could work.

Mace Windu who is by the universe's standard a "level 18" Jedi master (Preceding only Palpatine and Yoda) could only reflect it back using his lightsaber.

Eh, so what! LOL :p This is a game, that was in the movies, and lightning needs a more effective counter measure. Of course absorb needs to cost more in general especially if we bring back this feature. Thats how we originally made it though in order to create some kind of balance against it. I think That feature might have disappeared when we made absorb a passive power. I think you had to turn it on in order to reflect it originally. I would still like to see this feature in again, maybe be just holding use with absorb selected. If you have your saber out, I say make the person switch to melee automatically for better movie realism.

Only 'trick' I can say I've gotten a lot of experience with in the short time I played base. I think maybe people should just not make any attempts at blocking a force power that is under their league?

Agreed. Although, people at their league I think should have a slowdown or maybe even a stop like base had. This was a great way to catch up with gunners, although if we did bring this back, we might need a cool down with force power use in order to make sure they arnt spammed against gunners.

Running doesn't make dodge point's regeneration slower. (Confirmed as a bug by JRHockney)

Not a bug. Running never made dodge regen slower.

I've always wondered why saberthrow doesn't kill

I probably forgot to adjust the saber throw damage. Bug ticket it.

And I just think it is waaay to easy to run away which is why I suggested it. There are many ways to run away and I do not think it is fair to be honest. There should just be a limit on how many times you can decide to just turn around and run away, I did this in a small duel map to JRHockney which gives me less options on where to go and I was easily able to go from 1/3 or lower to full even when I had low force which made my DP regeneration even slower. Why make it easy for someone to run away? I don't see the point, which is why probably the whole 'being at red dodge points' makes you slower, but that is only at the extremes and does not help you much and still leaves plenty of other times to run away.

That's where FP fatigue comes in. Players can be worn down and killed if they continuously run away when hurt.

The majority of points I get is from killing others though (In a point progression server), although it is pretty much easy to just run away... I personally just never liked the idea that you could just turn around and run away so easily without any penalties and my suggestion would fix it.

It's about 1/3 from HP damage and 2/3 from DP damage. The idea being that the player that does the blunt of the damage to a player gets MOST of skill points. However, it's still possible to get that 1/3 by finishing off weak players.

I just tested with Max, and force vulnerability does work but only from behind. It is not supposed to work from the front? Hoc ni was under the impression that it was which put me under the impression that it was :p

DP vulnerability only applies to rear attacks.

"Not a bug. Running never made dodge regen slower." Hoc ni said it was?

"That's where FP fatigue comes in. Players can be worn down and killed if they continuously run away when hurt."

Yeah, that is what you would think at first glance. Only most of the time the attacker gets his force points wasted before the runner's do, and the attacker doesn't have many options at the moment. Anyways, Hoc ni, in our tests, always ran out of force points before I did.

"Not a bug. Running never made dodge regen slower." Hoc ni said it was?

I could have sworn it was made that way at one point. We went in and out of several different nerfs on running and got too many complaints from players that wanted to do it more the more we nerfed it. I thought we made the slower DP dregen in our last running change along with the stopped mishap regen because I thought that was apart of that suggestion that was taken. Oh well, guess not. It might be a good idea though.

Let's say it were made into a hold down button you could easily script it (with Jedi Academy's system) so that it would be a on and off switch like it is now. I am pretty sure the same cannot be said about making speed act as a hold-down button by scripting it because Jedi Academy's script system for keys does not support a release action if I recall correctly.

Archived