Home

Yoda's Bug and Suggestions thread

JackBaldy

The push/pull defend animation should be...  

6 members have voted

1. 1. The push/pull defend animation should be...

• left how it is
    • removed
    • other (post your suggestion)

Bugs:

Lightning parries, the origin of this bug might be caused by saber idle damage/how sabers clashing effects parries

Juyo has extremely fast transitions that may need some looking into

Saber system exploit (Has been ticketed)

Absorb not reflecting lightning when the user who is getting lightninged is in melee (I was told by JRHockney that it is supposed to reflect while in melee)

Suggestions:

Make it so when you are in a heavy bounce you cannot turn.

Heavy bounces having a larger range in the mishap bar, JRHockney suggested roughly 55 or 60 through 90.

Attack parries returning to how it used to be to make attack parrying more difficult. (I agree with Razors reduce attack parry ticket)

Attack parries being able to interrupt pre-block animations so the first hit has the same amount of probability to occur as the others and attack parrying can be reverted to the way it used to be. (Now you pretty much have a hard time attack parrying the first hit because the pre-block animation isn't fast enough thus the rushing opponent gets a hit on you and get break your mishap plans for say, Heavy bounces.)

And last but not least a poll on the push/pull defend animations.

*edit* Add anything I forgot JRHockney, thanks in advance.

*edit edited out a false bug*

I forgot to mention, there is also a bug where when you kill your opponent you lose health. Depending on your health, there is a possibility where when you kill your opponent you die also. I think the origin of this problem is that the saber goes flying towards the opponent sometimes after death and the saber idle damage does damage. Or at least it seems to be that way but I cannot be 100 percent sure if I am not able to disable saber idle damage.

I forgot to mention, there is also a bug where when you kill your opponent you lose health. Depending on your health, there is a possibility where when you kill your opponent you die also. I think the origin of this problem is that the saber goes flying towards the opponent sometimes after death and the saber idle damage does damage. Or at least it seems to be that way but I cannot be 100 percent sure if I am not able to disable saber idle damage.

Only happens when you have no saber defense, saber goes out of your opponent's hand and acts as saber throw.

Saber defense = parries the saber throw.

Only happens when you have no saber defense, saber goes out of your opponent's hand and acts as saber throw.

Saber defense = parries the saber throw.

Um, this has happened to me several times, and always I have had saber defense 3. Could it be that saber defense is not working correctly to stop this saber throw?

*edit* Do I have to be specifically aiming it at a specific angle/range? Thanks in advance.

Never seen it, determine the cause of the problem and then bug ticket it.

Lightning parries, the origin of this bug might be caused by saber idle damage/how sabers clashing effects parries

I dont know what you mean by lightning qarries.

All levels of Absorb are equivalent.

I don't think this is true, but bug ticket.

Juyo has extremely fast transitions that may need some looking into

determine which transitions are too fast (look at animation.cfg) and then bug ticket.

@Razor Ace: When I say 'lightning parries,' what I mean by it is multiple registered parries during a single parry. This raises the mishap meter through the roof and seems to be caused by saber collisions effects (somewhere along those lines) because every time JRHockney got lightning parried those effects would appear more than once and be more noticeable because of the obvious increase in number of effects.

I tested it with both Sushi and JRHockney, Absorb 1 acted as Absorb 3. Simply put, Absorb 1 was blocking push 3, pull 3, lightning 3, grip 3, etc.

I really don't think I can determine which transitions are extremely fast by looking at the animation.cfg, but I can possibly record a video of it in action and post it on youtube so you can more visual on this.

@Razor Ace: When I say 'lightning parries,' what I mean by it is multiple registered parries during a single parry. This raises the mishap meter through the roof and seems to be caused by saber collisions effects (somewhere along those lines) because every time JRHockney got lightning parried those effects would appear more than once and be more noticeable because of the obvious increase in number of effects.

I tested it with both Sushi and JRHockney, Absorb 1 acted as Absorb 3. Simply put, Absorb 1 was blocking push 3, pull 3, lightning 3, grip 3, etc.

I really don't think I can determine which transitions are extremely fast by looking at the animation.cfg, but I can possibly record a video of it in action and post it on youtube so you can more visual on this.

The lightning parries are most probably because you two were standing on different elevations. I've said it before; it happens in fearis a lot when Rache stands on a bit higher platform than I am and I attack him. Mishap jumps up and I usually lose my saber or get knocked down.

Try it on mp/ffa5 and you'll notice the difference.

Furthermore, you probably had either push, pull, lightning and grip while you were testing because I tested the same thing with Rache today and it did not work for me.

*wonders why JRHockney has not posted here yet* It was on /map mp/duel10, the elevation was the same (Unless I am missing something?). I'm not sure what push, pull, lightning, and grip have to do with this though, explain please? Well I am just going to leave it at that, if JRHockney wants to add something, then he can go ahead. Although even what you are saying is a bug, that should not happen even in higher elevation. Last but not least Sushi also experienced this.

Check to see if it only works on stairs and elevators. I've heard that there's a weird technical issue that might cause problems with the saber system.

No I'm quite sure it wasnt just on stairs or elevators. We were fighting at the reactor duel map 10 or whatever its called were their arent any elevators and only a few stairs. These lightning parries were literally happening in most of my swing volleys when Jack decided to only play defensively. We stayed away from the stairs completely in our testing as well. Sometimes the mishap bar would jump three normal spaces and other times it would maxout, go around again and start at around 75%! :p This is definitely a nasty bug.

Try again with sv_fps set to 100, and g_saberdmgdelay_wound 100, and maybe g_saberdmgdelay_idle 350.

Maybe with more fps it could hit twice, because according to the readme, OJP is optimized for 50 or 100 fps.

Also for absorb, I think level 1 of absorb allows you to block any power level as long as you stand still. Level 3 would even protect you while jumping.

As for Juyo transitions, I've noticed they are a bit too fast, you can hit like 3-4 times a second if you know the right combo. (Where to check the animation.cfg? Maybe I could find which ones are too fast...)

Edit:

Ok I tried a few things, the fastest transitions could be:

UL2DR => DL2UR and DL2UR => UL2DR

and maybe

UR2DL => DR2UL and DR2UL => UR2DL

Note: This is just a possibility.

@Absorb: I'm pretty sure I tested while moving in the past, but not while jumping. Although I was under the impression that Absorb was supposed to defend by force levels, meaning absorb 1 defends all force levels of 1 etc.

As for those cvars, I had it like you stated, aside from sv_fps which was set at 60. But lightning parries has happened to me in Meat Grinder also, when I went to test my recently ticketed 'Saber system exploit.' I will raise it to 100 and see if the problem lessens.

*edit* The reason I left it at 60 was because none of this ever happened when I played with JRHockney in the older builds. But I will make sure to test 50 and 100 sv_fps and see what happens.

*edit* I tested Absorb 1 while jumping and applying force, same effect, it blocked it. Much like I expected it to do.

bugs:

Running doesn't make dodge point's regeneration slower. (Confirmed as a bug by JRHockney)

Suggestions for the saber system:

Make player speed related to dodge points by a multiplier, x * dodge points = player speed where x = the multiplier. This would make it harder for players to easily just turn around and evade/run away (Which I tested against Hoc ni and worked very well).

*edited out the red dodge points force vulnerability bug*

You ARE vulnerable to Force powers when in red DP, but DP recharges pretty quickly and only a certain number can be considered 'red'. It can be flashing red around 35 and you can't get pushed. (confirmed by me and Rache)

Running STOPS my points from regenerating. (Confirmed by me and Rache)

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything but these things just work on the O SRSLY server, which is running a clean install of OJP 0.0.9r. Having excess files in your folder or having older versions in there has been known to screw it up a lot.

I don't like the speed idea, preventing someone from running away is stupid... if he is low on DP and runs away, you can pull him...

With your thing, someone low on DP is dead for sure, which is a bad point IMO.

As much as I hate runners, that's their strategy.

Who am I to say that something is bad and something is good? If someone wants to run away they should be able too, if they're on low DP (as Shaman said) they're as vulnerable as it gets.

To make use of this suggestion thread:

I think saberthrow should have a nice little damage boost or speed boost, or have level 3 and pull 3 make it a boomerang so it's useful for something other than showing off.

I've always wondered why saberthrow doesn't kill.

For balance issues, will shout everyone, of course, but "there is always more than one way out".

Making it deal same damage as a saber slash would be more realistic, and to balance it, being able to block it while facing it and not attacking, or being able to dodge it in another case should do it. Also range should be decreased.

Yet if it's still overpowered, increasing its point cost to 8 8 8 instead of 4 4 4 would help again, and if it's still overpowered with all that, increase the FP cost.

You ARE vulnerable to Force powers when in red DP, but DP recharges pretty quickly and only a certain number can be considered 'red'. It can be flashing red around 35 and you can't get pushed. (confirmed by me and Rache)

Running STOPS my points from regenerating. (Confirmed by me and Rache)

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass or anything but these things just work on the O SRSLY server, which is running a clean install of OJP 0.0.9r. Having excess files in your folder or having older versions in there has been known to screw it up a lot.

Check again Max. We tested them last night and several times and they weren't working. We made sure our DP was almost 0 before trying those force powers. It might be some of the newer vulnerability code thats interfereing with it. Even if Jack wasnt as close to 0 as I thought, he was still flashing red and he should have been vulnerable. Don't confuse the mishap meter with the DP meter in this matter, luckily, the high mishap meter vulnerability works fine.

Just to make sure it wasn't his server, I checked the running bug my own solo game. The FP gain stops, but we're talking about the DP gain. That goes up just as fast as walking.

Also, I have no other versions or code patches in my folder, which are the only things that could interfere with such a feature.

To make use of this suggestion thread:

I think saberthrow should have a nice little damage boost or speed boost, or have level 3 and pull 3 make it a boomerang so it's useful for something other than showing off.

I wouldn't mind a damage boost against gunners, but I'm not sure if its the best idea in a saber fight. As far as the level3 and pull boomerang thing, thats up to Razor, though he never really liked that "yoyo of death" as he called it.

Check again Max. We tested them last night and several times and they weren't working. We made sure our DP was almost 0 before trying those force powers. It might be some of the newer vulnerability code thats interfereing with it. Even if Jack wasnt as close to 0 as I thought, he was still flashing red and he should have been vulnerable. Don't confuse the mishap meter with the DP meter in this matter, luckily, the high mishap meter vulnerability works fine.

Just to make sure it wasn't his server, I checked the running bug my own solo game. The FP gain stops, but we're talking about the DP gain. That goes up just as fast as walking.

1:

Did you check the DP vulnerability on your own solo game?

I find this very peculiar as a few nights ago me and Jack were sparring on the O srsly server as well, he was low on DP and running and jumping away and I pushed him off the map.

2:

Hmm I might be wrong about this yeah, FP doesn't regen but DP does indeed.

Max I didn't even have absorb when you pushed me off at the OSRLY? server. Testing was done with Absorb 3. And running only stops DP regeneration when at 11 or lower force. I have a clean install of O.J.P. 009r, I have all the default settings, and I also use different files for my server to make sure it is clean and stays clean. Cvar_restart also means I have all the default settings (Of course some altered for server preference, such as g_minforcerank).

And I just think it is waaay to easy to run away which is why I suggested it. There are many ways to run away and I do not think it is fair to be honest. There should just be a limit on how many times you can decide to just turn around and run away, I did this in a small duel map to JRHockney which gives me less options on where to go and I was easily able to go from 1/3 or lower to full even when I had low force which made my DP regeneration even slower. Why make it easy for someone to run away? I don't see the point, which is why probably the whole 'being at red dodge points' makes you slower, but that is only at the extremes and does not help you much and still leaves plenty of other times to run away.

*edit* And Max, you are not being a pain in the ass, I <3 :p *hug* :p

Well you did have Push 2 or 3, which also blocks Push of the same level like Absorb does.

You must've had something, there's not much else you can spend the 60 points on.

Also if someone wants to run away I don't see why he shouldn't be able too, the majority of points that we get are from dueling and gunfights, draining DP and not from killing others. I like that :p

Okay lol <3 :p

Archived