Home

Messing with Source

darthgrizavy

I've been playing around with the source for awhile. Where would I go to modify the OJP to have lightsabers alternate attack as a blocking stance. I've been messing with it for awhile but I'm really scratching my head as to how to change all the button configurations to do what I want to do.

I've been playing around with the source for awhile. Where would I go to modify the OJP to have lightsabers alternate attack as a blocking stance. I've been messing with it for awhile but I'm really scratching my head as to how to change all the button configurations to do what I want to do.

We use to have manual blocking in this mod but we ditched it because there was too much blocking and not enough swinging. That and we saw much more potential in our autoblock/parryblock system for movie looks, intense close up combat and.....non......MB2........ness... :p Unless you can come up with a way of implementing it in a way that does not change look and feel of our saber combat, I don't think enough of this community is willing to stand for such a change unless everybody and especially Razor agrees upon it.

If your doing it just for experimental purposes, I would personally stick to w_saber.c and first change how the kick and attackfake are done since you would end up kicking with alt attack and movement and you need ALT attack to do an attack fake. but that might become a more permenant change). Run a search on BUTTON_ALT_ATTACK. Then I would find the saberCanBlock code or whatever the can dodge code is depending on what you want to do and then put something like:

if(!(self->client->pers.cmd.buttons & BUTTON_ALT_ATTACK))

{

return 0 or return false or whatever since I'm not looking directly at the code :p

}

I'm sure razor would do it differently with more advanced coding, but I'm a newb coder an only know basic changes for things.

Also, I would SERIOUSLY suggest learning all the facets of our sabersystem before you go too far off in your experiments. Theres alot of stuff you could potentially mess up in your experimenting if your not careful and knowledgable on whats different. Be sure to play with us a few times online before you do anything too advanced.

Just remember, while our seige may or may not one day look similiar to MB2, we are not MB2 and have made especially our sabercombat very distintive from it. The choices we've made for it are based around what we believe is a better way to go and have even drawn alot of MB2 saberists to our mod because of those choices (Maxstate [aka tkpaddy] and JackBaldy are two of MB2s best saberists). Anyways, good luck learning the code :)

Only you prefer Coop really :p, though I'm getting into it alot more since the NPc's actually started running away from me. Coop was too static and there was too little feedback in it, but it's great now. Also deflect being given a nice new touch brings some more fun into play, though we still need some touching up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived