Home

Dead dock officer taking over

SheBear

I'm wondering if off the top of anyone's head they know what mod involves a corpse of the dock officer. I'm wondering because it is replacing every corpse that doesn't contain unique and needed items. So in my new game in Peragus the only corpses are called 'dock officer corpse', even the corpse of the maintence officer, which also changed the model of the corpse to the decaying/can see part of the bone/wearing rag/white-gray clothes instead of the dock officer in his miner uniform corpse.

So that's the problem, also with the corpse since they are all the dock officer corpse I keep getting the same two items with the corpse, parts and a datapad for some new items. (It talks about them being the exile's items but I've searched through all the mods that I have that add items that are exile specific and none of them mention adding a datapad or corpse or anything.

So yeah, name of the mod that is causing this if anyone knows.

Do You have the Holowan plug -in installed it proplaby the dark and light hoth robes You should go to pcgamemods and download the patch

I actually have the patch though I'll try reinstalling it and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT

Well, installing the patch didn't work, but if you're right about what the mod is then I'll just uninstall it.

Thanks

I didn't played with that mod so I may speak out of ignorance but if this patch works as I think (and as any mod that edits a *.utc file) you would need to restart the module for the patch to take effect. The patch won't take effect for any module you have already visited. Uninstalling the mod won't affect the visited modules either.

I didn't played with that mod so I may speak out of ignorance but if this patch works as I think (and as any mod that edits a *.utc file) you would need to restart the module for the patch to take effect. The patch won't take effect for any module you have already visited. Uninstalling the mod won't affect the visited modules either.

does it effect modules that have been visited even if I didn't save the game in them? (I have a save right now right before you go through the blast doors at the end of the mine shaft on Peragus before you talk to the HK-50) but I've uninstalled every file I can find that have to do with the mod as well as installed the patch and so maybe that is why it doesn't seem to change anything.

What I ended up doing for the patch is making sure that all of the inventory items for the other corpses were present in the one file. I also removed the Hoth robes and lightsabers as people had said there were too many of them because of this. In the New version of the plugin this is being completely fixed as I'm using the TSLpatcher and targetting just the one corpse and not all of them.

So even though the Maintenance officer's corpse says Dock officer anything unique he might have had on him(Which he didn't just random loot script) would have ended up in the general loot for the corpse.

does it effect modules that have been visited even if I didn't save the game in them? (I have a save right now right before you go through the blast doors at the end of the mine shaft on Peragus before you talk to the HK-50) but I've uninstalled every file I can find that have to do with the mod as well as installed the patch and so maybe that is why it doesn't seem to change anything.

Yes, the minute you load a module once, the changes are there, whether you saved you game or not in that module. There is a way to remove the changes but it could mess your game...however, if you just entered the module and did nothing yet, it shouldn't have any dramatic effects:

Open Windows-Explorer and Kotor 2. Exit the problematic module and go back to a previously visited area. Switch to the Windows-Explorer (Alt-Tab) and go to your Kotor2 Directory. You should see a folder called "gameinprogress". Inside this folder should be a file corresponding to the module in which the unwanted changes are, for peragus the files for each module are called something like xxxPER.sav Erase the problematic one. Then go back to your game and try entering the module again.

Note that if you are alredy quite advanced in a module, this method is not recommended unless you are doing some testing for a mod as it will reset a number of quests and it could mess some variables and open the door to more serious problems later on in the game.

What I ended up doing for the patch is making sure that all of the inventory items for the other corpses were present in the one file. I also removed the Hoth robes and lightsabers as people had said there were too many of them because of this. In the New version of the plugin this is being completely fixed as I'm using the TSLpatcher and targetting just the one corpse and not all of them.

So even though the Maintenance officer's corpse says Dock officer anything unique he might have had on him(Which he didn't just random loot script) would have ended up in the general loot for the corpse.

I beg to difer there were no lightsabers in the corpses just the robes

I beg to difer there were no lightsabers in the corpses just the robes

I was mixing it up with the original Hoth robes mod that Mac made. When I made the plugin I jerked the Saber on Macs request as he was releasing a new version of the Hoth robes mod that didn't have the saber on the body. That was why I remembered a half dozen lightsabers on Peragus in conjunction with that mod.

Yes, the minute you load a module once, the changes are there, whether you saved you game or not in that module. There is a way to remove the changes but it could mess your game...however, if you just entered the module and did nothing yet, it shouldn't have any dramatic effects:

Open Windows-Explorer and Kotor 2. Exit the problematic module and go back to a previously visited area. Switch to the Windows-Explorer (Alt-Tab) and go to your Kotor2 Directory. You should see a folder called "gameinprogress". Inside this folder should be a file corresponding to the module in which the unwanted changes are, for peragus the files for each module are called something like xxxPER.sav Erase the problematic one. Then go back to your game and try entering the module again.

Note that if you are alredy quite advanced in a module, this method is not recommended unless you are doing some testing for a mod as it will reset a number of quests and it could mess some variables and open the door to more serious problems later on in the game.

thank you, though how do I figure out which of the files is the module to delete. I have four files called per.sav. 101PER.sav, 102per.sav, 103per.sav, 106PER.sav

So, anyone know which one is the Fuel Depot module?

Archived