Home

Thinking Of Returning

Ice88

Whats the lag like on the servers?

- The trial servers seem a little laggy

Ive been gone since jan/feb last year whats changed?

Lastly at 10-1pm GMT what is the server load like? When i played all i saw were people recruiting people, selling things, otherwise the server was void of all PCs.

I played Bria, i believe.

Im thinking of starting Starsider as that seems to be the best server. Also what happened to Hugo?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Well, even I might be popping back shortly. There's been hardly any decent releases on the PC lately (this is why the PC market is dying!) and I need something to drag me through the summer.

I can't believe, come July, it would have been 4 years ago when I first embarked on my Saga...oh those days!

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

It would be great ice if you could give us your thoughts as a sort of review for the new site? ;)

I won't be playing for a few weeks yet as I am working on the new galaxies site and some other galaxies related stuff. If I get dragged into a game, I wont have time to finish it! lol

DMUK

If you didn't like NGE then, you won't like it now most likely. Much has been done, but it's far from perfect. I am bored all the time ingame, when I'm not rp'ing, but some do have fun doing pve'ing and pvp'ing, I just don't get how they find the fun in it. Wish I would though.

Yes, I am really on the edge to quitting :p

Guest DarthMaulUK

Unusual for deleting accounts. I wonder if mine is still there. Although I will probably go to a new server and have to start over...sigh.

Also, have they done the building purge yet?

DMUK

Not sure but i remember Dantooine being horrible so many player cities and they were all ghost towns.

Their was somthing around before when i played that after a certain amount of time their houses disappeared but if the owner came back then the house returned. And surely by now all those people would have run out of money to pay taxes ;)

Ill check tho :p

house purges haven't started. The lag is pretty bad, probably cause all the people checking the new chapter 5 stuff, which so far....hasn't worked to the advantage of a bounty hunter such as myself. If only I could just have a few dozen "officer" buffs, then I might actually stand a 50% chance... -_-

Droidekas are going for 400,000 credits last I was at Mos Eisley Spaceport...

The Entertainer buff packages are a nice addition, however I didn't notice any difference vs commando, as I died just as fast anyway, so there's no point. I wish they'd remove either damage mitigation or damage over time specials.

One thing that i thought was lame at first...that i end up liking is the 'you need to be special forces to enter pvp zone' works GREAT for bounty hunting, as i'm not forced to cross the boundary. :D

I wish they'd make an option for those that love pvp to have 'always special forces if rebel or imperial' and it would be under options.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I really think they have to stop playing with alot of the game mechancis and focus on content. Almost 4 years old and no new content has been added (excluding expansions).

It seems to me that they are removing stuff and 'revamping it' to bring it back again under a new name. I also do remember having a discussion 2 years ago that the game engine was knackered and the coding was really bad.

I wonder if this is behind alot of the changes but still, the game needs content badly

DMUK

I really think they have to stop playing with alot of the game mechancis and focus on content. Almost 4 years old and no new content has been added (excluding expansions).

It seems to me that they are removing stuff and 'revamping it' to bring it back again under a new name. I also do remember having a discussion 2 years ago that the game engine was knackered and the coding was really bad.

I wonder if this is behind alot of the changes but still, the game needs content badly

DMUK

I still think we should have an improvement on the art of the game, before any content! The combat animations has been half-arsed since NGE launched.

Archived