Home

AT-STs (especially earlier tech levels)

YertyL

I don't know, but does anyone else have a feeling that in FOC AT-STs have become a bit too good?

They slaughter infantry (even faster with their special ability) and easily overwhelm T-2Bs, leaving a reb with absolutely no counter unit at all up to the T-4B, and even then 1-2 squadrons of AT-STs can prove a serious threat to a T-4B squadron using their special ability.

This has the little side-effect that I very rarely use maulers anymore, since they are far more fragile than the AT-ST but not much more efficinet vs. infantry.

I'd suggest nerfing the damage AT-STs do as well as their special ability a little.... what do you think?

I don't know, but does anyone else have a feeling that in FOC AT-STs have become a bit too good?

They slaughter infantry (even faster with their special ability) and easily overwhelm T-2Bs, leaving a reb with absolutely no counter unit at all up to the T-4B, and even then 1-2 squadrons of AT-STs can prove a serious threat to a T-4B squadron using their special ability.

This has the little side-effect that I very rarely use maulers anymore, since they are far more fragile than the AT-ST but not much more efficinet vs. infantry.

I'd suggest nerfing the damage AT-STs do as well as their special ability a little.... what do you think?

No, I don't think they should be changed at all. There are plenty of counters against the AT-ST; MPTL, T4-B, Plex soldiers and almost any Consortium vehicle. They're not really that affective against infantry anyway (especially since their special ability was nerfed in the lastest patch.

??? Strange - I find that a plex squadron is able to get off about 1-2 shots before being slaughtered by AT-STs using their special ability, and I do have the latest patch.

MPTL and T4-Bs are somewhat a counter 1on1, however they are not really a hard counter and far more expensive than an AT-ST squad, so I'm not even sure they are a credit-wise counter (Is 1 squad T4-Bs really better than 4-5 squads of AT-STs?)

Oh, and they are available at later tech levels of course....

Guest DarthMaulUK

I think its about mixing your units up. Maybe a couple of T2-Bs with plex troopers firing to take the AT-STs out

DMUK

Well, ATST is pretty useful, infact imps have the temporary land advantage, until MPLT comes out, that is.

My tactic is usually T2B + Plex. Use T2B to take the damage, and plex to kill. Remember to abuse the buildpads. Things you should build would be anti-vehicle, becta, repair pad.

A paired pad is great since you are basically invincable unless swarmed.

Oh, sometimes it pays to use 3PO if he is around. He is not easily killed, repairable, and CAPTURES buildpads. It may not be that useful now, but later on when the defense turrets are out it is nice to sacrifice a regular troop or so and let 3PO jack a big turret. Makes things much easier.

hehe, even then they are not a "counter":

- 2 Plex squads: 150 credits, 2 pop cap

- 4 AT-STs (1 squad): 120 credits, 1 pop cap

And I still dunno if that's realistic - plex too get mowed down by the AT-ST special ability.... (at least if your opponent is using it)

Archived