Home

request:option for Jedi outcast style first person saber combat

deuxhero

you know, how you only saw your blades? (though you should make it so you can see your hilt as well given that it would ruin all the good sword mods out there if it didn't), I find true view combat to be a little... sicking (but I'm find with JO style maby its the seeing inside your model all the time part.)

and FYI it is still 100% working in JKA just disabled, just go to sp and set your mind trick to 4 (with cheats) turn on a gun (be sure to be in first person) and possesses the reborn

Well, for me, true view is better than this view.

Although I rarely use it because it's not very handy, you have a too small field of view, which is a handicap and not realistic, you'll say third person is not realistic, but the human field of view is of about 180°, which is more like third than first person.

Also for a Jedi it's normal to use third person, since he senses what's around him.

What I don't like in first person saber (true view or JO like FPLS) is that camera often goes through your body, which is pretty annoying.

I use cg_truefov 100 with all the rolling, bobbing and all that deactivated, except for backflips.

In my opinion it would be perfect if the body wasn't visible as the body of the player is what takes up the bigger part of the space and view. But I think this isn't possible as it wouldn't be trueview anymore.

Exactly, I also use fov 100, for true view and third person, I don't even remember why I use 100, I've always been using 100 since JK2... maybe it was the max or something?

I'm pretty sure you'd get pretty bored using trueview or JK2 first person in saber combat, it remains a big handicap. Maybe you'd enjoy it a few minutes, but not much more...

Yeah trueview is just something that looks cool, but you won't be using it all the time. Guns in trueview look cooler than first person though...

They look cooler but the sniper rifle is buggy a little bit as to where the beam is rendered (at least when in trueguns + scope) Your not supposed to see the smoke, etc when in scope mode and sometimes the beam appears higher than its supposed to.

Stun baton and concussion rifle don't show their cool first person effects when using trueguns either.

Yes and no for the gun thing.

Of course it's better, but you notice the gun stances are crap.

well since we got permission to use the real kain's gun stances they will get better in future releases, just a matter as to when we compile them along with the ojp animation file.

these to your liking

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/madcatmach2/22.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/madcatmach2/shot0025.jpg

and the shooting is the sniper scope stance just don't have a pic of it

These were not shooting animations (I hope, lol, or the guy can't aim), I meant when you are holding fire with a pistol or E11, not when your are standing idle.

and the shooting animation is the sniper scope stance just don't have a pic of it
those are just the idle animation, ^ thats what you want

Ok, nothing's worth a picture to explain what I mean.

Idle stance:

IdleStance.jpg

Shooting stance:

ShootingStance.jpg

You can notice it's not the same.

Do Kain's animations improve these? (especially the Shooting stance, the idle one does not bother me)

Edit : woops, didn't know that imagewoof is stupid and resizes your picture to a little icon. -_-'

Well I tried imageshack but for some reason I couldn't find how to upload something on it, it was just a list of other sites, so I clicked imagewoof and copy-pasted the link designed for forums...

Bah anyway you know what I meant with these little pictures don't you?

Huh? OJP 009u's pistol stances are basejka's, right? They aren't changed I think... Or then I should play basejka a bit again... it's been a long time...

Ok, nothing's worth a picture to explain what I mean.

Idle stance:

IdleStance.jpg

Shooting stance:

ShootingStance.jpg

You can notice it's not the same.

Do Kain's animations improve these? (especially the Shooting stance, the idle one does not bother me)

Edit : woops, didn't know that imagewoof is stupid and resizes your picture to a little icon. -_-'

ah i see what you mean well this is the pistol idle stance

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4733/gunstancesjaplusv23hc0.jpg

and for the shooting think holding the gun forward with 2 hands

Yes I know 3rd person is better for sabering however it would be a nice opption to have it with the hilts as well (because swords don't work otherwise)

P.S. can "third person sabers' opption be put in (default=yes) that is the counterpart to first person guns?

Well I tried imageshack but for some reason I couldn't find how to upload something on it, it was just a list of other sites, so I clicked imagewoof and copy-pasted the link designed for forums...

Bah anyway you know what I meant with these little pictures don't you?

Huh? OJP 009u's pistol stances are basejka's, right? They aren't changed I think... Or then I should play basejka a bit again... it's been a long time...

Me thinks Max isn't done with his anims yet. He sent them to me because I kept bugging him on MSN

Yes I know 3rd person is better for sabering however it would be a nice opption to have it with the hilts as well (because swords don't work otherwise)

P.S. can "third person sabers' opption be put in (default=yes) that is the counterpart to first person guns?

I don't quite understand what you're saying

Archived