Home

Did Juhani Murder Quatra?

SilentScope001

/sigh.

Let get this started. I really do not know what has happened, but...

Okay. You save Juhnai from being the evil darksided person corrupting the Grove. Juhnai said that she accidenly struck her master, Quatra, in rage, and then, seeing that she killed Quatra, decided to join the Dark Side, believing that she cannot be redeemed. You redeemed her.

Juhnai decided to go and meet up with the Council.

And then Juhnai comes out, happy. You ask her why. Other than the fact she's now your bunkmate (er...), she found out that she didn't really kill Quatra, that Quarta just faked being dead, that it was all a test, and that Quatra is far, far away, training some other Jedi. "To think, me killing a Jedi Master!" Juhnai said. "How arrogant I was!"

Yeah, and I was about to think Juhani would say that Quatra really was sleeping.

Somehow, I believed that the Jedi Order just lied to Juhnai, to stop her from whining and to keep her sane. You know, the same reason they lied to the Exile, and to Revan. Quarta really is dead, and cannot be deader than dead, but Juhani labors under the illusion he is alive.

And then, Topsite makes a story where Quarta becomes one of the new Jedi Padawan's masters. It seems that other people believed what Juhani and the Council said: that Quarta is alive, and that they were not lying to her.

Who's right? Did Juhnai really murder Quarta? Did the Jedi Council lied to Juhani? Or is the Jedi Council right? Remember, we never see Quarta in person...

I can infer from your post that you're not a big fan of her. I happen to be a really big fan of hers. She's troubled, but so is everyone else on the boat.

I'd say Quatra is alive until Katarr. Juhani could inflict a lot of damage, but she wouldn't come close to a Master's level of skill. Oh, and Quatra is a woman. Juhani admits in her own way that she truly loved her.

IIRC there is cut content for KotOR, where Quatra appears and tells Revan off, if he kills Juhani. So I don't think it was a lie. Besides, lying to Juhani is dangerous and more trouble than it's worth - what she found it? That might push her to the dark side to a degree from which she could never return.

IRC there is cut content for KotOR, where Quatra appears and tells Revan off, if he kills Juhani. So I don't think it was a lie. Besides, lying to Juhani is dangerous and more trouble than it's worth - what she found it? That might push her to the dark side to a degree from which she could never return.

Oh. Er. My bad then. Quarta is alive.

Still, it just seemed to me that Juhani was saying "Quarta is merely sleeping". Glad to know the Jedi Council did not become lying bastards again.

Oh...and what race is Quarta? Do we know?

Juhani does mention that Quatra still lives if you redeem her. You may find her after you redeem her at the Jedi Enclave before she joins yoru party and talk to her and she'll mention that Quatra still lives.

Perhaps human. I don't think she was Cathar too. But don't she shows up on the cut-cutscene Jediphile mentioned?

I don't think we ever knew. The bit I mentioned is cut content, and I know about only because I looked around in the dialog.tlk file for KotOR and discovered unused content, which seemed to me quite clearly to be dialogue for Quatra in the event that Revan killed Juhani, and Quatra would scold Revan for it. But I've never seen a cutscene, where Quatra actually appears.

I think she is similar to Vash's apprentice, Kaah, in TSL, whom we never learn much about - including his species - either.

Or perhaps she is closer to Dustil Onasi, who was cut completely from TSL, yet has cut dialogue in TSL's dialog.tlk.

I think she is similar to Vash's apprentice, Kaah, in TSL, whom we never learn much about - including his species - either.

Why was i the only person that thought Kaah was a Chadra-fan.

Actually, there's a mod that restores the cutscene that's the dialog between you and Vash, it has nothing to do with the storyline and she don't give you much info (Sion arrives, and she Force push you from the room and lock, so she dies and you're saved.). But before the cutscene, we manage to see a holo-record of Kaah. He's a Twi-lek.

So why are we even discussing it? Until such a time as such a power is established or even hinted at in ANY Star Wars source, it is a non-issue, because it does not exist. We might just as well claim that Nihilus was immune to force powers, that Kreia could timetravel, or some other equally wild idea pulled out of thin air with no basis to support it at all.

Actually, we don't know what Kaah's species is. So, on that Droid Planet forum, they were saying to have Kaah be Tw'ilek, because there were far too many Human Jedi. That could be why Kaah was Tw'liek in the mod, but we do not know of his actual species...

And Vash was key. Vash said that a person can lose a Force Bond with someone else if he falls to the Dark Side, which explains partily why you are able to kill off Kreia without suffering the problems of that Force Bond (Kreia turned to the DS).

• 2 months later...

Actually, its Jedi named Belaya, (the one that scolds you that you're not in your Padawan clothes) that scolds you when you kill Juhani. It seems that she was Juhanis "dear companion for many years" :) She even goes to the Dark Side and pops up on the Korriban later.

However, one of the unnamed Jedi has line that says "Master Quatra was hurt very badly. She might die. I heard it was her own apprentice that did it" before you even get to fight with Juhani.

So, there's no indication that Quatra actually died.

Archived