Home

Bounty System

DarthDie

This thread is for you guys to post what you think of this idea: In my mod(ZFX-Mod--sometime i might continue work on it) i was creating a new feature which i called a bounty system it worked(or would work) like this: (this is a example) I place a bounty on Maxstate for 100 credits(my credits are deducted), Hockney looks for wanted people(in console) and sees Maxstate is wanted so he assigns himself to hunt down Maxstate, he finds maxstate and he could either: kill maxstate or hit/shock him(which would knock him out); he chooses to kill and he succesfully does -- he is credited 100 credits and Maxstate is no longer wanted. Hope this makes sense...if it doesnt tell me what doesnt make sense of course.

~DarthDie out.

I think it could have a place, but it does need more of a gameplay role. Maybe make it a way to earn more skill points for both players (the bounty hunter and the person who hired him) and make it only give the players more points if the hunted person is higher skill then both of them, and the amount of points will be based on how much more he has. Basically, it would work like this:

A player hires a bounty hunter to kill a higher skill player. The player gives the bounty hunter maybe 5 or so of his skill points to help complete his mission. If the bounty hunter kills the hunted player in 5 mins or so, the bounty hunter gets a bunch of skill points relative on the hunted players skill and the hiring player gets his skill points back plus a few extra. If the bounty hunter doesnt kill him in time or gets killed, the hiring player loses the skill points he gave the bounty hunter. And the bounty hunter loses some too or something like that.

Just an idea. Heck if we create a bunch of minigames like this, we could rename our mod Grand Theft Speeder: Tatooine :p

Now now, we don't need to appease those Role Playing freaks now do we?

Just sayin', don't mean to be offensive to any of u OJP players who are role players in JA. It just doesn't suit this at all.

I'm no RPG nut either, but they are A crowd and OJP has never really had that big of a crowd. As annoying as it will be to go to servers that mostly only have RPGers, at least we'll be going to servers that actually have players. There will still be plenty for action gamers to chew on, but we need to do whats best for the mod in the long run.

Isn't that a bit too much work for what it would bring? There is more important stuff to sort out... or to complete, like the skills, this will bring much more to OJP than a bounty system.

Darth die would probably do most of it, so we wouldn't be spread very thin at all. Besides, He already has some of the code ready and I'm sure he could come up with something simpler.

Ok great!I had been about to start on it but i realized i didnt have an all clear yet...but yay now i do.Btw since your not online i have a question: Can you have a array of a char that is 10 chars long? Does that even make sense?

This sounds like an interesting and unique feature! I think that having skill points as a currency may prove to be the start of something big...it'd be neat to see how this can integrate into CoOp at some point in the future.

I had this old idea of having 2 seperate skill/gadget currencies.

First, whenever you killed someone with force, lightsaber or melee you got Jedi skillpoints that you could use for force powers and (later) jedi abilities.

Second, if you killed someone with guns, explosives or gadgets you received credits for which you can buy guns and gadgets.

It would solve some balance issues and be original if anything but it would be quite hard to code.

Do you guys think in order to be able to hunt a wanted person you need to assign your self to them or make it so anybody(without having to assign that is) can hunt them?

Well Tanquexe brought up a good point:

"that seems more like contract killing than bounty hunting

iirc bounty hunting is like...whoever gets to the target first takes home the prize"

So for now i'll go with no assigning.

My suggestion to DarthDie was to copy the format of the scoreboard, except it's a list of wanted players with corresponding bounty. This bounty board can also be where you can have a scrollable text field to select player names not already on the board and also an input text field (or maybe numerical selector) for the bounty value, which gets deducted from your skill points pool.

Ok -- how do we want the bounty to work(as in how much they are wanted for)? Do we want it to a set amount....based on kills +- some stuff? Or what? Oh and btw i finished Tanqexe's idea...though its not a new scoreboard its the regular TAB one.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that it should have someting to do with how hard the person that has a bounty on there head is to kill. The harder a player is to kill the more the player putting a bounty over their head has to pay(give credits,skill points,ect. however u decide to make the mony used in this system to be).

This way would make the want-to-be bounty hunters think about who on the bounty list there going to go after and how to kill them.

I got an idea: maybe on the bounty list it could say how the person that put the bounty on some1 wants that player killed and he could pay more for killing the player with melee weapins or with guns and ect.

This is just a thought.

Archived