Home

Definitive OJP Manual

Tanqexe

If none of you mind, I'd like to reorganize and compile an overall OJP manual that will include sections on each aspect of the OJP mod.

I. Overview

II. HUD

III. Dodge/Mishap System

IV. Skill System

V. Force System (I think that we can start thinking of Force users as a different class of fighters compared to saberists and gunners)

VI. Saber System

i. Basic Training

ii. Advanced Training: versus saberists

iii. Advanced Training: versus gunners

iv. Advanced Training: versus Force masters

VI. Gunner System

i. Basic Training

ii. Advanced Training: versus gunners

iii. Advanced Training: versus saberists

iv. Advanced Training: versus Force masters

VII. CoOp

Since that's a lot of information to compile and I'm also in the middle of some other IRL stuff, some help would be nice. Anyone interested?

• 1 month later...

Yeah do it! I'm sure you can come up with something better since no one reads mine :p Good luck covering everything without apparently over doing it like I did. For reading sake, I think rather than "OJP manual" as a title for the document, I think it should be "Read this, or you're an idiot!" ROFL! No offense to you guys who took a while to read it. Your like 90% of all people who try this mod :p

I tell everyone to RTFhockneyM but manuals just deter people a lot. I mean if they really want to start out and I'm (or someone else) not around to give them some pointers they can always read the manual, but most people just want to go and jump into the whole thing and brave the waves.

It takes me about 5 minutes to give someone an idea of basic parrying, 2 if they're MBII players so it's not that bad.

LOL I dunno Maxstate, I think those who want the most out of this mod WILL actually read the manual. Maybe not to begin with, but would be comfortable knowing its there for reference.

I think most newcomers will treat this like basejka and swing their sabers around. When they find this will get them nowhere they'll have a choice find out how OJP saber combat works, or be ignorant and put it to one side :p

It would be nice to include an option or have it as part of the in-game intro to showcase a demo of typical saber battles in OJP, like a collage of some of the spectacular moves you can't do with basejka.

Back on subject tho. I think serious players will have a peek at least. I mean, I jumped right into the game and picked up on the differences quickly.

In my case however, I'd been looking for alternate ways of saber combat, so I was prepared when I first came across OJP with its sub-title ' a more realistic saber combat experience ' or words to that extent.

I knew I didn't know everything and wanted to know more, so I read through the current revision of the manual. Not totally, but enough to relate what was written to what I experienced in-game, thus personally bringing about a more fuller understanding. **Learns - Force Enlightenment**

--Peace--

What happened to the online wiki?

Mediawiki is best imo for this type of thing.

wikipedia is more for general information than a manual. Plus, if we have a wiki specific for OJP, that's another freakin' website to maintain. IMO, it's easier to just have one manual on the respository.

Archived