Home

Change Ebon Hawk K1

Azzameen

I don't really like the form of the Ebon Hawk. It's just stupid that high, rectangular, front and the asymmetric design. I always wondered if it is possible to change the Ebon Hawk into another ship. Perhaps one of those Sith-Transporters (that yellow striped ones).

Or a Bird of Prey :lips1:

yes you could do that, but... you can't change the Ebon Hawk on the landing pad, it's part of the area model, the only way i thought of getting around it would be to create a custom placeable of a new ship and place it over the Ebon Hawk, though the Ebon Hawk may still be visible if the ship that will be over it is to small, and if you go to big, it will look weird.

Blast, knew it would be something like that. But would it be able to change the Hawks colour to a shade of black, so that the name fits. I mean, "Ebon" Hawk coloured grey and red? And in the same shades as the hammerheads?

That would work, except the Ebon Hawk doesn't have a name tag in game, it's part of the area, you could edit it's texture for each of the planets and make like a neon sign that says transport shuttle or something, and then change the scripts that go to the Ebon Hawk to warp to the custom made new ship, but it would be a big job, you would have to re script everything that happens on the Hawk to fit in with the new location, and scripting is a big job, especially if you don't know much about them, and i doubt anyone who has good enough scripting skill would want to try to pull this off.

I've got an idea! When you finish your training at Dantooine master Vandar will tell you that the republic ship "Nighteye" will follow the Ebon Hawk. So the Ebon Hawk will still be there, but on the galaxy map you can go to the "Nighteye". The "Nighteye" will be filled with republic troopers, jedis and sidequests. And if possible you can tell any trooper or jedi to come with you. They will be your "puppet". If they die, they won't respawn.

I do like that idea, sounds very cool, it could be done though I'm not sure on the puppet situation, I've never made one before, so i don't know how it would work, but everything else sounds pretty cool, and doable, i would like to give this a go, but I'm very busy with work, college and other projects, i may be able to do this at a later date if it's still up for the taking.

So what would be the name of the shader to use on the Ebon hawks texture ?

I know you have a shader to make metal parts shiny and give it that "bling-bling" look . But no clue to what I could use for this transparant-look .

Archived