Home

kotor 3 combat system

RellioN

Maybe you could leanr the secret Lightsabber form Tulak Hord knew through some specila quest?

I Like the original combat system though. But it could use a few tweaks...

such as combo moves... Such as Stab, Kick, Punch, Body slam, double-kick crs two enemies... Back-punhc to counter sneak attacks... stab, slash, upcut, side/slash, stab-sidcut, flurry sets 1-5... Blaste rbolt deflection moves 1-8... whatever.

Why would LucasArts need to wait for Bioware's Mass Effect? It's Epic's engine. But a Kotor III with Unreal Engine 3 graphics would rule, definitely!

That would turn a great RPG into a FPS, we hadly need another Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy.

I think that much more than "yet another Star Wars game" that we play over and over until it hits our shelves to gain dust, we need a game like KotOR that we wish play and play and play even after we finished it...

It's not just a game it's a story being told.

And if someone has doubts KotOR III would be a smashing hit, just take a look on how the original KotOR I and II forums at Bioware and Obsidian are still very active and updated.

I keep hearing new adepts are getting the game. I still see the games being sold...

Furthermore, Game of the Year, Awards, etc, that says a lot on how the fans wait the game.

Even more, that says a lot on how the game should be top notch to meet expectations.

That would turn a great RPG into a FPS, we hadly need another Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy.

Why would it? It'd just be an improvement to the graphics, no adjustment to gameplay... If there's one thing to shouldn't be altered, it's the gameplay, that's for sure.

I Like the original combat system though. But it could use a few tweaks...

such as combo moves... Such as Stab, Kick, Punch, Body slam, double-kick crs two enemies... Back-punhc to counter sneak attacks... stab, slash, upcut, side/slash, stab-sidcut, flurry sets 1-5... Blaste rbolt deflection moves 1-8... whatever.

To some degree we already have that, as you can do various attacks that are animated as kicks and punches when you are unarmed...

One thing I'd like to see is commoners or thugs NOT using the same melee combat animations as the player character. Either that or take away the melee weapon proficiency feat from all thugs and commoners so they mostly just use blasters or stun sticks.

Also, as others have mentioned, make combat animations and stances that are unique to certain Saber Forms. Make Ataru look like Ataru (jumpin' around) and so on.

Another thing that would be interesting IMO is new combat feats that let you attack different parts of your enemy. For example, make a feat to knock the weapon out of the enemie's hand, a feat to cut off their arm, and a feat to cut off their head. Of course, it should only make sense to be able to get those feats if you have feats like "Lightsaber Specialization," "Lightsaber Finesse," or a certain Saber Form. Of course, using such feats should also probably give you a major temporary defense loss, so it can only be used against semi-weak enemies, and not bosses, either that or just make some characters immune to those feats. This could also affect your Force Alignment, whether or not you just disarm an opponent (spare him) for Light Side or just slice off his head after both arms (brutality) for Dark Side. Each attack would slowly alter your alignment depending on which one you use. Of course, some people might not agree with me and that's cool, it just something I would like to see.

Why would it? It'd just be an improvement to the graphics, no adjustment to gameplay... If there's one thing to shouldn't be altered, it's the gameplay, that's for sure.

I agree, gameplay is the only thing I hate the game. Apart from poor graphics (I really prefer KotOR I to KotOR II in this particular area, really!) and the famous bugs and glitches, I like the whole game. But gameplay, I can't enjoy. It's not gamer-friendly, it's hard to get used to and the indirect combat just gives me the creeps to see my energy going down and seeing "miss miss miss" messages.

But I like the RPG feeling nevertheless.

Making it FPS whould destroy the whole concept of the game.

Also, as others have mentioned, make combat animations and stances that are unique to certain Saber Forms. Make Ataru look like Ataru (jumpin' around) and so on.

That is one thing they definitly need to add. And if your are hitting your enemis 5 times (by using flurry and force speed ect.) you should actually hit the enemy 5 times instead of just 2.

Another thing that would be interesting IMO is new combat feats that let you attack different parts of your enemy.

That would be cool.

the main strategy in this game boils down to how you allocate your feats, skills, powers, and equipment.

and i think that is how these types of games should be.

Yeh, I guess that is why I am more of an action guy. Still have love for storylines and, yes, strategy. I'm still getting used to it though.

Archived