Home

kotor 1 MAPS?

OD_MIA

I know there is an actual thread for this but it only relates to K2 map requests, and as i have K1.. well it don' do me no good!

I personally don't do much skinning or modeling but i frequently find myself need things that can only be aquired through these means.

and who know mabey i will look into it.

But for right now i need help. :smash:

If someone who knows how to do this would be willing, i need the modual maps for.

Naga Sadows tomb, The Vally of the Dark Lords, and the Second Part of the Taris sewers.(the part after you rescue Zallibar, and mission leads you through the force field.

If anyone is willing to do this ***FOR FREE MIND YOU***

I would be VERY VERY grateful.

:violin: <- me sending whoever excepts, lots of good KARMA. :laughing:

EDIT: I need the Maps so i can use them in conjunction with the Kotor Tool.

I just wanted to make that clear.

You can't add new Kotor I maps to Kotor Tool. The procedure previously used was to combine all the models belonging to the same area and sending them to Fred Tetra, who would use the combined model to create a map for his program using some custom format. But Fred Tetra has been inactive for months now, so even if someone takes on your request and produces a combined model, it will be impossible to make that usable with Kotor Tool.

I'm currently in the process of trying to decipher the Kotor lightmap format. As I was working on it, I almost immediately realized I needed some info from the area models (I believe the lightmap format used in kotor packs several textures into one file, apparently from a minimum 1X1 lumel dimension to a maximum of 8X8, and since several objects reuse the same texture file you need to know which part of the texture belongs to which object, which I think is written somewhere in the .MDL). So, I found myself forced to duplicate MDLops' functionality in the KAuroraEditor (and hopefully extend it a little by deciphering the lightmap info bits, if they indeed are there). Since the editor has already some minimal Direct3D functionality implemented in it (used to visualize walkmeshes from a top view), it would not be too difficult to add the capability of rendering whole areas and manipulating the camera position. From there, writing a function which lets you know the position of a clicked point would be trivial, and would let you easily place objects/npcs in the area (which, I presume, is the reason you need the maps in the first place).

I can't promise anything as of yet, especially as I'm still in the very beginning, doing preliminary work for the binary .MDL reader; but if you can wait several weeks, there just might be a new release of KAuroraEditor able to correctly import and visualize Kotor's area models.

I can't promise anything as of yet, especially as I'm still in the very beginning, doing preliminary work for the binary .MDL reader; but if you can wait several weeks, there just might be a new release of KAuroraEditor able to correctly import and visualize Kotor's area models.

And then hopefully be able to 'edit' and customise and then export and place into game and have it work :D

Keep up the good work magnusll :)

Wow. 0_o

It's exciting watching your work pop-up magnusll. I believe that you are the same individual who Glovemaster was having a discussion with concerning walkmesh ascii/binary format issues over at the Obsidian forums a while back?

Thank you for taking on the mysterious last bits... and making a new tool that sounds to be like a powerful friend to modders and wanna-be's.

I'll watch your continued progress with great interest!

Archived