Home

Negotiating w/ Sand People [Spoilers]

Fayr_Nan'ska

Well, I decided to play KOTOR as a light-sider, and I got to Tatooine. There I went through all that crap about the sand people, mission's brother, and agreed to bring the chieftain's stick back. I bought HK-47 for a large discount(2500) and headed out to the sand people.

After acquiring some sand people garments, I entered their little camp and started a mass slaughter. But you see, this is where the problem lies. My character is a scoundrel/consular, so you know he has crap when it comes to combative situations. As soon as I get one more sand person than I can handle, BOOM, he goes down and the rest of the party slowly follows.

So, instead I decided on a peaceful solution. I entered the enclave without HK-47, on accident, I forgot him. And it told me my disguise wasn't working, and I needed a translator, so I could either run or fight. I ran out, got HK-47, and returned. But no matter how many times I try, whenever I enter with HK-47, all of the sand people immediately engage me in combat.

I don't get any dialogue options or anything. I just enter and everyone's targeted as red. But if I enter without HK-47, it tells me I need a translator.

Very frustrating, really. Is this some sort of bug, or did I forget to do something?

You need HK, when your first enter, to trigger the dialogue which leads to the raider becoming confused enough to take you to his leader. As you've discovered, going in w/o him the first time only leads to combat. If you wish to slaughter the enclave, you might want to make the Tatoine sidequests your last stop, or at least wait till you've buffed up your party enough to take them on. Using insanity or freezing them in their path are good ways to get the drop on this outfit. Stealth and standoff grenade attacks come in handy too (you'll be able to replace/stock up w/a lot of grenades with the loot you get here). It doesn't hurt to have one or more jedi w/you when you chose this option (attacking).

Well, actually for max xp you might want to do most of the LS stuff with the tuskens, and listen to their story with the LS path. AFTER you listen to the storyteller you can piss them off by opening a basket and what not and trigger the fight. You can get your dragon pearl back even!!!

Oh, if you want to kill the twi'lek, you must remember to NOT bring Mission there. But if you would prefer to finish Mission's story then by all means bring him and finish the story first, then go swap in a killer character and let the fun begins.

Well, actually for max xp you might want to do most of the LS stuff with the tuskens, and listen to their story with the LS path. AFTER you listen to the storyteller you can piss them off by opening a basket and what not and trigger the fight. You can get your dragon pearl back even!!! :twogun:

And that's the only way to get two Dragon Pearls on the whole game, so be wary. And pay attention when talking to Sand People: They can react aggressively depending on the topic you choose (normally, HK will warn you about the danger of some lines that the Sand People may consider heresy or an insult).

Thanks. I got to listen to their histories, but I deemed not to ask questions. I came under the assumption that asking any question would probably trigger their anger.

I completed Mission's story, she was the second member I had with me, just for that purpose. I gave her deadbeat brother money for his little project with the exchange, but then he disappeared. Now I'm keeping an eye out for him, considering the quest isn't complete, suggesting I'll meet him again.

I've completed Kashyyk and Tatooine, I'm currently on Manaan. I've already played and beaten the game before, I just wanted to play it again to find out more about the characters, considering I pretty much blew by all the planets the first time through, without really paying attention.

Does anyone else find it really difficult to play this game as dark side? Personally, I feel guilty anytime I try an play darkside, even if they are just computer-generated bits. D:

I generally play it LS, but have had no problem doing it DSed as well. I do find it sort of funny that when you do something really darkside, like killing the innocent, that you don't get a more visceral reaction from some of the "goody twoshoes" in the crew.

And that's the only way to get two Dragon Pearls on the whole game, so be wary.

Actually, you need to take Komad's pearl in order to get two. Slaughtering the chietain should only give you your original pearl back.

I completed Mission's story, she was the second member I had with me, just for that purpose. I gave her deadbeat brother money for his little project with the exchange, but then he disappeared. Now I'm keeping an eye out for him, considering the quest isn't complete, suggesting I'll meet him again.

To complete the quest, just talk to the manager on Tantooine who hired Mission's deadbeat brother. He'll tell you the fate of Mission's deadbeat brother (and how he is still a deadbeat brother). Then the quest ends, and you can talk to Mission about it.

Well, after the Negrotiation episode of the Tuskens, you will need to talk to Mission's brother again. There you will recieve some new quest. Its something easy, so mind as well do it. I mean it would fullfill other quests in its action if you time it right also :)

If you are running with a Consular and still want the Sand people taken out? Well, remember that architecture is your best friend here. Run the gauntlet until you get into the place with the broken droid and the refuse piles. This will limit the amount of Sand People that can charge after you. Grenades and area-affecting Force powers like Stasis Field or Horror/Insanity will help thin the ranks.

Also, in addition to HK, take along a "tank" character like Canderous or Zaalbar. They can act like a hit-point sponge if you let them take point, letting your Consular stand in the back casting Heal to keep them up.

Archived