Home

Nihilus' Mask

Nikkolas

Meh...didn't Nihilus connect his soul to that mask or something?

Is that sort of thing possible to do within the Star Wars universe? Sounds a bit too...magical... in a way. And if it is, what would NIH stand to gain from having his soul contained within an item rather than become one with the force or whatever the other sith ghosts that seem to be around have done? Sounds more like imprisonment after death.

Also, I think you only get the mask if you pick one of the reponse options in Visas' dialog after Nihilus defeat, but not the others?

Of course, if it would be Revan's skull, with Nihilus soul in it, we are talking about probably the strongest Sith Artifact known to men....which could be a plot element for a possible Kotor 3 :xp:

KotOR III:Mask of the Betrayer... oh... wait. :p

Originally Posted by PoiuyWired

Maybe its from the front part of a Crystal Skull that once ruled a kingdom??

No! He made it out of cardboard and red paint at the kindergarten! It's the last piece of his humanity he carries with him :xp:

Kindergarten teacher: "Well little Nihilus...what have you made?"

Nihilus: "A mask!"

Kindergarten teacher: "How nice! Could you give it to me? We'll put right with the other kids stuff.

*Nihilus sucks the life out of the teacher*

Nihilus: "Mine!"

• 4 weeks later...

I think what you were talking about with the mask being made from a native critter skull is actually the Kaleesh species, who are VERY well known for wearing Muumu skulls. (New Essential Guide to Alien Species, entry Kaleesh. See also the wookipedia.com entry.) Unless it was something Mandalore, HK, or Mical said then I doubt I would have missed such important Sith information. As far as I know Nihilus holds true to his name, that is, we have zip about his past.

As for the mention in the Legacy comics, that dialogue is set down in full on the darkhorse.com preveiw page and also appears in Legacy volume 1: Broken. What Nihilus preserves his essense in was his armor, this could be how he survived the Battle of Malachor 5. It was not his mask, though it would be nice to be able to carry a Sith lord around in one of my (Exile's) bottomless pockets for all time. ;)

-Bearer of the Krijinia

Archived