Home

No movie or music sound/audio

dogmut2000

I get no sound from the movies and no music during gameplay/main menu. I hear other sound effects like footsteps, birds chirping, menu selections etc. I can play and hear the audio in both the .bik and .ogg files run outside of the game.

I've re-installed, run pre and post patch, played with the hardware acceleration slider, installed codes (I don't have any codec packs installed).

Any ideas? Does the game not use the system codecs?

Thanks,

dogmut

WinXP32 SP2, Intel Core2 Duo E6600, 2GB DDR2-667

Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX, Creative Audigy 4

I think I recall reading that Psychonauts does come with its own decoders, which are wherever it's installed.

What you might be able to do is download (or copy) the ones that actually work for you, and then overwrite (backing up first, of course) the ones in the Psychonauts directory.

Hopefully you understand what I mean. If it helps, let me know so I can add it to a documented page at some point.

• 2 months later...

Whoa, that's some wicked teeth Thrik. We've come a long way with dental hygiene you know? Just pulling your leg (and not your teeth).

Set the volumes at diff levels (it's been awhile, but bkgrd music lower than speech and fx effects for example)?

Make sure you're using hardware based sound?

Enable subtitles...nevermind, don't think it's turned on during cutscenes

Check to see if anything's plugged into the soundcard (ie: gamepad)?

IRQ problems between different hardware components?

Update sound drivers?

Save more often?

Archived