Home

Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix - Concept Art

pcGTW_Webmaster

Hi there, I'm the webmaster of PC Games That Weren't.

I just came across your site and noticed that your article about Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix includes concept art images taken from my website. That's exclusive content which you can't just take from my website without permission. So either remove the images or state the source by providing a link to my website, please. Thanks.

I've no idea who added that or when, but it does seem like it was taken and thus credit is deserved.

Just to clarify though, Mojo's game database is there to do nothing more than provide a solid archive of the games included that'll last the ages; as such, I'm guessing a lot of stuff is thrown into there just in case the original source goes down (which in many cases it has). Nobody was intending to profit from your exclusive content.

On the Game Database page in question there's a "Check out these sites about Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix:" area beneath the images. Would including your site with the caption highlighting that it's the source of the images be adequate? I ask as I'm not sure we can actually put links anywhere deeper than that.

Dear pcGTW_Webmaster,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. As Thrik says, it's never our intention to rob others of their own work; merely to archive as much information as we can.

Perhaps the thing to do would be to ask Bill Stoneham, though, as he is the one whom the images actually belong to (so far as Internet copyright is concerned: really I think this is more a matter of good manners than true legality.)

P.S. What a wonderful web-site you have.

Actually, I just changed the description underneath the two images to add a link back to your site. Hopefully that should be enough.

Yes, that's sufficient. :) Thanks.

I was already quite sure that you didn't "rob" the images on purpose. I guess someone sent them to you without telling from where they are? At least, that would explain why the third, watermarked image wasn't included. ;) Anyway, it's just that it takes quite a while to get in contact with developers and get exclusive stuff, and I guess you can understand that it's annoying to see the results of your work used by others without asking, or at least giving credits.

The image I got from Bill included some more concept art, by the way. Reminds me that I really need to update some parts of the website, they tend to get outdated if you don't maintain them regularly. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the thing to do would be to ask Bill Stoneham, though, as he is the one whom the images actually belong to (so far as Internet copyright is concerned: really I think this is more a matter of good manners than true legality).

It's both really. It's still illegal to use images from another website without permission, which is why Wikipedia is currently in the midst of an insane amount of image purging. Unless you're profiting from something, though, I think the law should leave us all alone! (Provided you've got good manners towards the original provider.)

Archived