Home

Holy Cow, I Got An Arcade Machine!

Boba Rhett

Time to breakout my ripped acid washed jeans, swatch watch, wayfarer sunglasses, Ocean Pacific t-shirt and head to Rhett’s. Can’t remember any special food poplar during the 80’s, may just pick up some Pop Rocks and New Coke.

Great find Rhett hope it brings you years of enjoyment.

They weren't selling any table top units were they? Imagine this as your coffee table:

118124213846.jpg

A friend of mine had a Asteroids game he used as a coffee table, at least until he got married. I always wanted to find a Ms. Pacman, Joust, Missile Command or Donkey Kong in a table top.

Well, I found a new problem, but I've already taken care of it. The circuit design is kind of sloppy and the ground had some AC voltage leaking onto it for whatever reason. I discovered this when I tried playing the game with damp hands and started getting hit by it through the housing screws. The added jolt actually adds an intriguing twist to the game play. :D

I just finished replacing all the temp patches to the innards. It looks great inside now. All I have left now is to repaint the back of it, try to somehow fix the squeakiness that the rollerball gets in a certain 30 degree swath and find some sort of hand rest strip to line the front to cover up the worn off paint at the controls and to enable playing Missile Command for hours on end without the chance of carpal tunnel. Safety first! emot-science.gif

lolz... Im not a fan of retro tech, but I admire your tenacity and skills and fixing the contraption. Your better off putting a basic pc in there running MAME so you can make it run every arcade game known to man.

The only arcade game that is still *super* cool and I still play occasionally.... star wars trilogy arcade, you know the one that has its own seats and flight control joysticks..

sStar_Wars_Trilogy_Arcade.jpg

lolz... Im not a fan of retro tech, but I admire your tenacity and skills and fixing the contraption. Your better off putting a basic pc in there running MAME so you can make it run every arcade game known to man.

The only arcade game that is still *super* cool and I still play occasionally.... star wars trilogy arcade, you know the one that has its own seats and flight control joysticks..

sStar_Wars_Trilogy_Arcade.jpg

Please tell me you play that on MAME or something and you don't actually have that sitting in your garage...Cause if so you're getting robbed soon ;)

Archived