Home

Tabula Rasa

Aash Li

Also known as War of the Worlds: the MMO.

lol

Anyone playing this? If youre not used to fps (which Im not), then it will be kinda hard to get used to. Its usual MMO style with fps-like targeting. Its fun, sorta laggy, but fun.

Im on Cassiopiea... and turn off general chat, nothing but kiddies that think they are awesome... >.>

Meh... wow bashing aside, TR is ridiculously fun. Ive gotten to 13 already, and hardly feel that theres any grind to it (yet). You dont loot money, you get credits for every kill you make. While it has elements of FPS in it (mainly the targeting), you can set it up to mouse-move like in WoW. You can auto-loot by walking over the chara.

Theres no death penalty to speak of, especially considering you can get a trauma kit and erase most if not all of the "res trauma". You dont loose xp, and you only loose money when you repair.

Ive never been a scifi game addict as Ive always liked sword and sorcery types better, but this game really is fun. ^.^

Was impressed with it during the BETA, the combat especially reminded me alot of SWG although much better, it never really felt like you were grinding and with the XP bonus whenever you went on a killing spree it just made it all that much better to mindlessly kill for awhile. Purchased the retail version hoping that the horrible memory leak that was around in BETA for a long time would be ironed out by launch, unfortunately it wasn't which was a major letdown as the game becomes pretty unplayable after an hour or two of playing (the screen starts completely freezing for 30+ seconds every 10-20mins). So account is cancelled until they ever decide to fix it.

I can't really see it being as long-term as WoW.

How long did you play it for? The retail I mean. They just recently had a patch. I dont have problems with it freezing up totally like that, usually its just lag (between server and graphical) and it evens out after a moment.

And I dont think it will be as popular (with gold farmers) as WoW is, because as you pointed out theres not much grinding, and money is ridiculously easy to come by.

It depends on how long-term youre wanting to play a game. Warcrack only has the potential for longer terms because of the massive amount of grinding.

How long did you play it for? The retail I mean. They just recently had a patch. I dont have problems with it freezing up totally like that, usually its just lag (between server and graphical) and it evens out after a moment.

About a week. Dying from the freeze just got too frustrating after awhile.

Think my account might still be running, I'll give it another try if it is.

I also turned off most of the graphical frills like flora, refraction, and the deferred lighting, turned down distance viewing a little, and set the res to lower than my monitor. The only time I get really bad lag is in control points on maps 1 and 2.

Archived