Home

Apperance.2da

Commander Thire

use KotOR Tool... 2da editor.... open up your override folder's appearance.2da (1) with it, then open another KT session and open up the new appearance.2da (2) that you want to merge into your override. Compare the two files, and copy/paste what you need to move into the override's appearance.2da, and that will get you mostly there.

Issue #1: While this will get the items in-game, if a script in the mod that you got the new .2da from calls for that item in a specific slot in the .2da, it probably won't work... the game engine will be looking in the wrong place.

no you dont get what i said. I meant what do you do with more then one apperance.2da.

You can use the 2DA Compare utility to merge the two appearance.2da files into one. After you have done so, write down the line numbers the lines from the second file ended up as, along with what line numbers they were in the original file.

Rows in the appearance.2da file are references by line number (starting at 0 at the top and counting down 1 for each line) by other game data. So when you merge the files, some of the new lines will end up with new line numbers, and you must update all he references to point to these new positions.

So, depending on what the mod does open any UTC files from the second mod with k-gff and check the value in the Appearance_Type field, updating the value here to the correct line numbers when needed.

Also, if the mod uses any scripted disguises open the NSS files and update the parameter to the EffectDisguise() function calls to point to the correct line numbers.

Finally, if the mod uses any item based Disguise appearance changes you need to update those references as well. So open any relevant UTI files with k-gff, look in the PropertiesList for any structs where the PropertyName field is set to 59 (the Disguise property) and update the value in its Subtype field to the proper appearance.2da line number where needed.

This can be a bit confusing if you haven't made the mod and know how everything is meant to be connected, but as far as I know there is no easier way around it if the mod doesn't come with an installer that does this automatically for you. :)

^^^ Thank you stoffe, you crystalized what I had been assuming was the case. Nice to know I'm on the right track sometimes.

@Thire - I don't understand?! Having more than one "appearance.2da" in your game folder is impossible, as same-named files overwrite. So, you have to merge them into one. This is what you were asking for, or I'm totally off my rocker!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived