Home

Bryar Pistol and Bryar Rifle

Inyri

Have added the Bryar Pistol (as seen in Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight) and the originating Bryar Rifle to KotOR, which can be purchased from the weapons shop in the Upper City on Taris. Both guns have exactly the same stats... since they're almost exactly the same gun. :p

Click the image for a link.

bscreen1.jpg

I would recommend following the installation instructions next time. The patcher patches the UTM file, obviously, otherwise there would be no need to use the patcher. The UTM included with the patcher is just the UTM straight out of the game.

heh... really? wow... well now i feel like a moron...

but thats ok... i kinda look like one anyway... :)

Edit: heh... well... installed it proper... now she has it in the store...

bought it... buuuuuut...

its translucent... nearly transparant... i can see stuff through it... but only the body... not the handle (this is the pistol btw)

whats up with that?

Sounds like your game either isn't finding or isn't reading the TXI file. Most likely... because it isn't there. Shem failed me this time. Will come up with a fix. :p

In the mean time, just make a txi called bryar_if.txi with the general contents (envmaptexture CM_Baremetal). Since I can cheat the system I'll just replace the archive with a fixed one.

Edit: I've replaced the archive, so all should be well.

It could, if I had TSL installed. Which I don't.

Mind if I peak into the .mdx files in Max ? :p

Great stuff , when's the next weapon release :) , that autmatic triangle minigun shaped gun ( totally forgot its name , but I remember its somthing with Repeater ? ) .

:) to bad we can't do Rocket launchers :lol:

The Imperial Repeater? :p I think that's what it's called anyway. Might be interesting, but the whole fun of it was burst shotting a stormie in the chest and watching him fly. :lol:

FYI to put it in TSL all you need to do is compile the models back to ASCII, then compile them back out for TSL with MDLOps (then adjust the UTI files to account for the upgrade differences between the two games). I could do it myself, but I'd have no way to test them to make sure they work properly.

You can also go ahead and look at the models if you want, but, ah... they're not pretty. :p

Are you nuts? That thing is way too high poly for JA. :lol: It has a better chance of working properly in Dark Forces 2. :p

It just has + 5000 polys :lol:

Then I looked up a regular Kotor gun and there my statistic show 141 polys .

But then again , these don't have nicely modeled vice on them either , some wicked "cooling" fins , a 20 face barrel ... etc lol :D such nice gun .

Yeah the Imperial Reapeter !!!

Or that oversized Dark Trooper "missle" launcher gun , it took like half the screen in DF xD wicked !

Archived