Home

Alek, Revanchist, and Wookiepedia

True_Avery

But what's a Force God got to do with Malak's Jaw injury?

I was referring to the fact that we learnt of Malak's jaw injury through the back of a toy for kids. If we learnt of how Malak got his jaw injury through the actual comics rather than being forced to buy that toy, I wouldn't have my snide comment. :)

I'm okay with how Malak got his injury, just not how it was revealed, and exactly how canon works.

The Force Gods of The Ewoks:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Snow_King

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Flower_Queen

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Leaf_Queen

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sun_King

Why there are no games:

LA's fans would likely lynch them.

The names are silly, and there is a lot wrong with the storyline itself.

Revan's followers were Revanchists? Ok... the Jedi that followed Revan to war were -NOT-, I repeat, -NOT- Revan's followers. Revan revolted against the masters and asked the others to do the same in order to follow the -Republic-. Revan and Malak were made unofficial "leaders" of this movement, but the movement was very short as the Jedi melded into the Republic military.

This whole Revanchist thing sounds so incredibly fanboy. They were not called that anytime in both the first and second Kotor game. The Jedi were just said to have followed Revan to war. Making them "followers", or Revanchists, makes them sound like a religion or some difference sect of the Jedi Order. They were Jedi, and they went to the war as Jedi, under the name of Jedi, under the Jedi code.

Alek is an ok name I guess, but the last name is too long and a waste of space to ever be used.

I was tempted to read the comics, but now I'm not even going to touch the things. What a spectacular butchery of fact, logic, and canon that didn't need to be changed.

They were Jedi, and they went to the war as Jedi, under the name of Jedi, under the Jedi code.
That's right, and that's exactly what happens in the comics. As far as we know at this point "revanchists" is just the name that the media chooses to give to them at the start of the war.

And they were always referred to as followers, in the games. They followed Revan to war, and in time they came to follow his divergent philosophies as well.

Forgive me, but you sound like you're just upset because your fan fictions don't fit perfectly into the continuity anymore. Don't bash the comics unless you've read them; they're actually moderately well written.

I do tend to agree about the absurdity of Alek's surname though...

Forgive me, but you sound like you're just upset because your fan fictions don't fit perfectly into the continuity anymore. Don't bash the comics unless you've read them; they're actually moderately well written.

Not about my fanfiction at all. My fiction fits nowhere in any of the canon. I simply think this entire story bit is a stain on the continuation for being labeled canon at all.

Names are stupid, the concept is terrible, and reading the summarys makes me wish I could delete every word of it from the wiki.

If you like it, power to you. I'll just go ahead and believe it never existed.

And they were always referred to as followers, in the games. They followed Revan to war, and in time they came to follow his divergent philosophies as well.

Followers, yes. But not to the point of naming themselves a different group. They were Jedi, and went as Jedi.

As far as we know at this point "revanchists" is just the name that the media chooses to give to them at the start of the war.

I would hope so, because the title makes me want to rip my hair out.

If you like it, power to you. I'll just go ahead and believe it never existed.

True and your absolutly right , don't let these EU things make "crap" out of SW.

I ignore most of the post Endor stuff , cause I feel its absolute jibberish , cloning "tha palpy" , sheeeshh .

Though I wouldn't bash the Comics totally , I think if you count the pages that already gave some information about Malak and Revan , I think , its a measelly 6 pages , perhaps 7 ...

Besides if you only go on the Wiki stuff , I would feel almost the same like you , but I've read to number 23 of the comics series and I don't see what the problem really is .

Though that could all change ofcourse within a few issues , :lol: , so far I think they did a nice job .

Archived