Home

My w.i.p.

jonathan7

So I finally decided to fully take the plunge and have started a mod for TSL. Thanks especially goes to RH, ED and Shem for their help.

The first aim for the mod is to give each of the charachters cloths/armour/robes which allow them to keep their 'given' appearances while giving them bonuses specific to their clothing and to them. The idea is that in the movies (especially OT) charachters had a 'specific' look; so the idea of this is the mod is to keep the NPC's in their 'standard' Obsidian given clothing. I'm also giving Charachters their own weaponary, specific to them; and perhaps a few other perks... For Bao-Dur I'm attempting to actually give him a defence as normally he doesn't. I may also consider editing NPC's .utc files. Once I have done that I will need to get the items in game. I'm no modeller I'm affraid so I am only using the low textured ingame weapons. Sowwe!

The second aim is to give the Exile a few items on Peragus, including a new crystal, a unique robe and an energy staff. The crystal and staff have now been made (indeed screenies) are below of some of the above and below.

The third aim; this is the most ambitious and largest aspect; and am unsure if I will be able to complete this. Its a mod for Peragus and the Harbinger; to make them abit more interesting! I enjoyed playing through them the first time; but now (knowing what happens) they are quite boring! My perliminary idea is that; a few of the miners (probably alien ones for VO reasons) survived all the 'accidents' and a possible side quest involving them. I may also have an unknown (unseen, but hinted Alien) creature on the loose killing them off. Also to make the Harbinger far more dark; perhaps abit more Event Horizonish in tone; and possibly a fight with Darth Sion's apprentice. I was also considering making avalible on the Harbinger all the relevant parts needed to build a new lightsaber and rebuild Hk-47.

Anyways heres a few screenies for you below - I hope they work; webshots was being random about if it would let me see them or not, the bottom ones seem to be working. (Also thanks to Chainz for all his saved games he put up for use as well!).

Does this link work; http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561985764ejubSx

Its the link to the album so you'll have to explore yourselves :p

You might want to add some blade skills to Bao-Durs Maechanical Arm.

He can be made into a jedi after all.

Might be an idea to make sure an item for each character has blade skill enhancements, that way even if you do not succeed in making your force sensitive crew members jedi, they could still wield vibroblades/swords.

That's just a suggestion though.

this sounds a lot like the Final Touch mod, i might keep track of this.

Hmmm; well I'm not really skinning anything, if I do, dont expect it to be anywhere near the quality of Oldflash. I don't really recall him changing to much on Peragus or the Harbinger apart from that dead twilek (need to check out his script for that) and swapping the droids to the concept ones and giving them a quality retexture.

You might want to add some blade skills to Bao-Durs Maechanical Arm.

He can be made into a jedi after all.

Might be an idea to make sure an item for each character has blade skill enhancements, that way even if you do not succeed in making your force sensitive crew members jedi, they could still wield vibroblades/swords.

That's just a suggestion though.

His arm has a strength bonus, when in melee fights the engine uses whichever is higher out of dexterity or strength as a multiplier for damage, so it has already added a blade skill ;) In some ways it is difficult to add feats for lightsaber comabt, before Bao has a lightsaber; I will however look into and consider it.

Edit: I am just heading off to experiment, and search the forums for the answers to the below questions (they're sure to have been asked before :)). But thought I would ask anyway...

1. For placing things such as bodies/blood/kinrath eggs do I need to researching scripting or module editing? I'd much prefer the module side of things as the scripting side does seem quite daunting.

2. Is it possible to change all the dead bodies in Peragus to look less decomposed? Or is that not possible, I always thought it was silly how decomposed the bodies were given the ammount of time.

3. If I edit a NPC's .utc file do I need to ammend any .2da or other related filetypes?

4. Is it possible to remove steam effects?

5. Can I place items on either Kreia or a Kolto tank to 'create' a unique place to spawn items?

Archived