Home

Lightsaber model problems.

Darth Xander

You should try following T7nowhere's tutorial and learn to do it yourself. It's not that hard, especially since you already have the modeling part done.

I helped xander out and I used T7nowheres tutorial .

Though I might have misread something ... :headbump:

I've ran into the same problem and I think Xander is using the Hilt I compiled with MDlops .

Fors some reason , things go wrong.( Believe me , I did the aligning of pivots point and the ResetXform , linking to the Dummy )

I already have a working saberhilt for TSL ( made that long ago ) , now I just can't seem to get it right .

So that's why I adviced Xander to ask here on Holowan .

Though I fear he might have to redo everything .

I'm even clueless on what goes wrong ...

EDIT : Did some other test runs , I don't get it .

Just for fun I did the regular Read and Write Model : My hilt ( a simple 8 sided cylinder ) is in right spot , nicely in the hands , though the blades are invisible .

So seeing that the hilt was in the right spot , I did the Replacer .

And bang ! Saber is broken and out of place .

New thought : KotorTool does something wrong when I extract the orginal models . Or MDlops replacer is broken on my PC .

Anyway I can't help with this , since it goes wrong whatever I do .

To Quanon:

If you're using any version of model ops above version 0.5 then that is most likely the problem. I was personally unable to make a lightsaber work properly with the 0.6 alpha versions. I suffered a great deal of frustration before I finally figured out what the problem was. It was also one of these versions that removed the shaders from my Revan cutscene models.

To Quanon:

If you're using any version of model ops above version 0.5 then that is most likely the problem. I was personally unable to make a lightsaber work properly with the 0.6 alpha versions. I suffered a great deal of frustration before I finally figured out what the problem was. It was also one of these versions that removed the shaders from my Revan cutscene models.

OMG ! Thanks for this info .

I'm using 0.6.1 alpha1 :headbump:

EDIT : Got MDlops 0.5 now and it works !

@Xander : Give me nudge on MSN and I'll send you the program .

Thanks Kristy Kistic :p , you saved my day !

Archived