Home

Deadeye Duncan on Manaan restoration

Seamhainn

Yes, I put everything in my "Override" folder. Deleted it, then put again - only your mod. And as I say - tried everything already. I know what I should do to make the mods work correctly - been using them for years. His appearance depends on Arena now - works. He walks away - works. Conversation is just fine - everything is perfect. But he doesn't start it. Like before, I have to walk to him and start talking. He doesn't trigger it himself. And if I don't talk to him, keep on staying there forever.

Seamhainn I'm sorry to bother you again, I can imagine you are sick of messing with this mod already. But trust me, I wouldn't bother you with this if I wasn't sure about it. Of course there is a chance I am making some mistake, but I put files into my "Override" folder (including script file, yes), and load a save before I visit this module. Don't see what can be wrong.

Sorry for bothering again. I just think it's a very important content.

Yes, I put everything in my "Override" folder. Deleted it, then put again - only your mod. And as I say - tried everything already. I know what I should do to make the mods work correctly - been using them for years. His appearance depends on Arena now - works. He walks away - works. Conversation is just fine - everything is perfect. But he doesn't start it. Like before, I have to walk to him and start talking. He doesn't trigger it himself. And if I don't talk to him, keep on staying there forever.

Seamhainn I'm sorry to bother you again, I can imagine you are sick of messing with this mod already. But trust me, I wouldn't bother you with this if I wasn't sure about it. Of course there is a chance I am making some mistake, but I put files into my "Override" folder (including script file, yes), and load a save before I visit this module. Don't see what can be wrong.

Sorry for bothering again. I just think it's a very important content.

You don't bother me at all, as I did not only do the restoration for me alone, but for the community also.

1) I'll give it a glance over tonight, but will be off for the weekend, so don't be afraid if you hear nothing from me for a few days :-) .

2) In the meantime: did you start Manaan so that you visit it for the very first time? That MIGHT be the problem though I am not sure.

Keep me posted, please.

Take care

Yeah, I loaded a Leviathan savegame, but I'll do it again, to check the second time, to make sure.

By the way, just a thought, though I'm not a modder: isn't a UTT file (trigger) required in order for him to trigger a conversation with you?

Yeah, I loaded a Leviathan savegame, but I'll do it again, to check the second time, to make sure.

By the way, just a thought, though I'm not a modder: isn't a UTT file (trigger) required in order for him to trigger a conversation with you?

Yes. As I said, I'll look into it.

Edit: I checked it once again. The Trigger file is actully in-game (not deleted by the developers) and its name is man26d_trig01.utt. I am very sorry that I can't help you right away.

You can send me your email via pm and I'll send you the files if you like. Maybe that solves the problem. I know how bugging some things can be...

Script that makes him initiate the conversation should be named "k_pman_duncan02". I tried renaming both your scripts and here is what I got:

Renaming "k_pman_duncan01" I got him walking away right when I approached him (instead of initializing conversation)

Renaming "k_spwn_duncan" I got three Duncans to spawn when I approached the place he was supposed to stand on.

So the conclussion: one of your script makes him walk away and the other spawns him. Where is the script that makes him initialize the conversation?

Edit: I extracted the script from game (KOTOR Tool, obviously) and put into Override folder, along with your mod. Script doesn't work. Check it out if you can, ok? I mean "k_pman_duncan02" script. The trigger works fine, I checked, but the in-game script doesn't.

Hm, I'll extract both - the script AND the trigger. But I don't think it'll solve the problem. The script is probably broken, since it does not activate by a trigger.

k_pman_duncan02 initiates the conversation (among other things I suppose - I am to bad a scripter to anylize what else the script does). k_pman_duncan01 makes Duncan run and then walk away. I rewrote k_pman_duncan01 so he walks away smoothly (he is old after all). k_pman_duncan01 potentially did other things in-game too. But as there are no other leftovers (VOs!) in the game it is pointless to investigate further.

Another thing would be if you would want to make a sidequest for/with Duncan. But then you'd have to work without any VOs! Those option(s) usually kill the fun and gaming experience for me...

Take care

Somehow it always gets to some off-topics. I don't mean any sidequests or anything. I just asked why do you think in-game script doesn't work and Duncna doesn't initialize conversation by himself? I checked - it doesn't work. And I checked the right way. So I'm curious if it is fixable.

Duncan initiates the conversation alright. And with my rewritten k_pman_duncan01 he leaves okay. I am sorry but I don't understand your question. If you have the latest files AND start Manaan fresh (before ever being there) all should be fine.
Ok, thanks for all your time, doesn't work for me, but anyway, it's really a great mod. Started the game afresh, reinstalled, still nothing. Just doesn't initialize (I've official english version). Nontheless, mod is really great! Great job! :)

I've already downloaded your first mod-version and was deeply impressed. IMO this restoration is one of the finest additions ever released for Kotor; I was truly glad to see Duncan alive and talk to him about his escape from Taris. I can't understand why Bioware cut it out back then.

BTW: You were right to set the Taris_duel trigger to >0 since Duncan does only mention the name "Mysterious Stranger" during the conversation, not the title "Taris Duel Champion".

Many, many thanks for this great improvement. :-)

• 4 weeks later...
BTW: You were right to set the Taris_duel trigger to >0 since Duncan does only mention the name "Mysterious Stranger" during the conversation, not the title "Taris Duel Champion".

Oh? Then ANY REASON he would want your name? If you are not the duel champion and won only against Duncan, who's pretty worthless, then just WHY would he want to be "Mysterious Stranger" who, in that case, wouldn't be famous AT ALL?

And if my memory serves me, he does mention words "famous Mysterious Stranger" in his dialogue.

Could someone kindly give me Twitch's number, so I can make the mod a bit more... proper, if i'll get it to work? Thanks in advance.

Oh? Then ANY REASON he would want your name?

Well, Duncan states that he simply wants to end the legend of Deadeye Duncan, worst duelist of all times; there is no comment in the dialogue referring to the player being the Taris duel champion, famous or otherwise.

Btw: the number of Twitch happens to be 4, so 5 should do the trick, I hope, couldn't try it though since I don't have a savegame for Taris (actual tar_duel in my savegame is 7, having defeated Bendak).

Well, one can't satisfy everybody :-) .

The conditional only checks if Duncan is spawned or not, meaning if the pc never dueled, Duncan does not appeare. Simple as that. The dialogue and thus the voice overs itself do not have any conditionals.

Archived