Home

Don't kill Juhani mod

Weiser_Cain

I know that the camera angles for 2.dlg are a little different from 1. You can try renaming 2 to 1 and see the changes.

But the original 1 itself does not seem to work.. I've tried it a few times and it always ends abruptly a few lines after the fight.

Which script will you use to keep Juhani?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, that's THE question '-- That will be my main problem during this week-end, I guess. As I can't decompile scripts (problem with DeNCS, reported in the tool's thread but I had no answer), I guess I'll try to make a custom script to add Juhani back... But if I don't want to end up with two Juhani's or fighting a friendly NPC, I'll have to go deeper with the scripts.

Anyway, I tested the altered evilbast.dlg with LSM, DSM, LSF and DSF and it worked fine. I will stick with this one and forget about evilbast2 until I find it's use.

I just had a thought that would look really cool if it could be done.

It fits with the mod being made here.

What if when you fight Juhani on the temple, mid-way through her HP she jumps back and runs away.

When you get near the area where the hawk landed, there is a piece of debris there in the shape of an engine.

What if when you get close to it, Juhani appears on the other side of it walking towards you. Just as you think you're about to fight her again, she resumes the position you find her in on dantooine the first time, with the line 'I am yours to command, Master.'

Can this be done, or am i dreaming again?

Eh, that's THE question '-- That will be my main problem during this week-end, I guess. As I can't decompile scripts (problem with DeNCS, reported in the tool's thread but I had no answer), I guess I'll try to make a custom script to add Juhani back... But if I don't want to end up with two Juhani's or fighting a friendly NPC, I'll have to go deeper with the scripts.

Anyway, I tested the altered evilbast.dlg with LSM, DSM, LSF and DSF and it worked fine. I will stick with this one and forget about evilbast2 until I find it's use.

I've had problems with DeNCS too. Despite some accounts of it being able to decompile most scripts, I find it hardly works for me, if at all.

Hmm, if you have no problems with the .dlg then I should go back and test it again.

...What if when you fight Juhani on the temple, mid-way through her HP she jumps back and runs away...
I guess this could be done, but (personally) I wouldn't want it like that, mainly because 1) nobody can leave the temple without first deactivating the shields, and 2) when you get back to the Hawk at that point everyone else will be gathered round waiting for your return. Just my 2 cents though.

The way i saw Juhani getting out of the temple is that she got to the front door and waited for the shield to drop,as Revan and bastila would have to do this before they themselves could leave, so she could escape. This could be shown by a new line on the rooftop computer.

Then as she got close to the Hawk she would realize that there was only one choice left for her.

Also, a new line when Carth asks what happened at the temple might be a good thing.

Like, 'Juhani serves me now.'

Carth's dialogue will be OK, I'll add a script that checks if Juhani's alive not to have him asking where she is. Instead, he will act like he does when you killed Juhani on Dantooine, that's logical, he is first glad to see Bastila, then worried about Jolee, he has no reason to say anything about Juhani if she stands with the PC.

Anyway, as 1/I want to keep it simple and 2/I'm lazy, I'll just try to find a way to keep Juhani in the party during the second confrontation, sorry Danyael "^^

<edit />Believe it or not, but a simple k_act_juhaniadd is enough to keep her as a friendly NPC :D The mod is, well, 90% done. I'll just have to create Carth's line, to find out why I have to hit "Enter" at the end of the second conversation in the Temple to make the fight begin, and then to use TSLPatcher. Will be on Filefront by the Sunday.

I've just encountered a trouble with the Rakatan Computer... It seems that to be used, a script checks if you've killed/made flee whoever you were supposed to kill/make flee. So with our surviving Juhani I just can't use the computer, which means I can't turn off the shields.

Wow, now that's very well done, lactose. Miles away from what I did (added two poor lines barely adapted to fit the VOs there already were), I guess I'll keep mine for myself and just let you upload yours.
Oh no, mine's just the dialogue so far (which I'm still tweaking); I haven't managed to get a working script yet. I think you're ahead of me from a functional point of view. What's more, yours is closer to the original request - I want mine to have a DS Juhani with transitions and all which, since many people already dislike our feline friend, might not be everyone's cup of tea :p - and even includes Mission.

Why don't we combine resources? I'd be happy to share the dialogue with you if you want, I've already done the tedious part by looking for suitable VOs.

Edit: Sorry I do have working scripts, but those are just conditionals which check if Juhani is DS before allowing the dialogue. They can be easily disposed of or amended if you want.

What I did with scripts was quite simple:

• Edited k_hjuh_s03 (script that fires when you make Juhani kill Xor) to make it, in addition to set G_JUHANI_PLOT to 3, set a custom boolean (added in globalcat.2da) to TRUE and add DS points to Juhani.
  • Created a custom script that checks if my boolean is TRUE.

And in evilbast.dlg... Hm, I guess I'll just post a screenshot '^^

Note that I did the same work in an other branch of the dialogue, located below.

Anyway, did you manage to find out what was wrong with the Rakatan Computer? Unless it works fine with you?

<edit />I fear I'll have to solve this the dirty way. I can't edit k_punk_comptalk.ncs because there are other scripts in other areas named like this. And I cannot edit rakatcom001.utp since the computer in the Temple's Catacombs use the same ResRef.

Hmm... I haven't actually gone on to the Rakatan Computer yet. I have an idea, although I'm not sure if it's as dirty as yours :p

You could edit Bastila's dialogue: write a conditional script to check if Juhani's around, and if so, Bastila will not say the usual "You will have to disable the energy shield around this temple before we can leave." etc, but rather she'll skip to "With each passing moment your old apprentice becomes stronger, Master." and then you can fire the scripts to unlock the Force fields.

What did you plan to do?

Ok, but at least I think the Rakatan Computer problem can be worked around.

I'll be going for a short trip this week so I won't be doing much. You'll still be working on your mod when everything gets sorted our right? I was thinking mine could possibly be an expansion of yours (or a standalone mod if people still wanna kill Mission), only mine will incorporate gradual DS shifts of Juhani along the way. Lemme know what you think, and in the meantime good luck with your system! :)

I wonder if having a script where Juhani runs away after you kill Jolee (who is scripted to attack first) and waits at the entrance to the Temple. She should escape when the shield goes down and arrives at camp when you and Bastila get there.

As you said she could at that point surrender and join you...

Would that satisfy the conditional on the computer that Jolee and Juhani be "gone"?

i find this very intrigung and love the idea of corrupting mission and juhani hehehe maybe even have belaya show up see juhani bow down to revan and proclaim him her master belaya freaks out and attacks juhani, juhani using her newly aquired dark powers force chokes belaya!!

Archived