Home

Don't kill Juhani mod

Weiser_Cain

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know why but minuite i read this i just keep having the image of juani force choking in my head you can already do it to that pig thing on manaan so why not have juhani do it to her former friend it could even be her final push into the darkside and not to mention show her new allegience to revan lol!!

True, some of the mods are pretty good without VO.

Actually having the VO makes the mod even better though, in my opinion.

And i still think that having Juhani see Belaya's dead body behind Bastila, who's saber is active, would help push Juhani into the darkside.

Also having Bastilas stats the same or slightly better than before she was turned is a good idea. If not, then is this mod compatible with the Real Bastila mod?

Hi! I'm back after my trip, but between getting back to work and study and the unpacking and the jet-lag I haven't really done much else. :p

I note the additional ideas but personally I'll try to avoid making it too complicated... The Belaya one probably does not have the requisite VOs, which makes it no-go for me. Even worse is the gap in plotlines... it's just too much of a stretch to the imagination. Maybe Gavroche may want to do it, but I can't speak for him. Sorry... :|

Gavroche, if you've sorted out your system problems, could you post what exactly you did for your Xor-killing Boolean in globalcat.2da so I can make mine compatible with yours?

I'll try and get it all functional first, the bells & whistles can be added in later. :)

Sorry for the delay. I've finished the mod (even TSLPatch'd it) just to assist to another crash -- What I did was:

• Added killed_xor (boolean) and kept_juhani (boolean) in globalcat.2da
  • Made the changes in evilbast.dlg (see screenshot in one of my post above)
  • Edited k_hjuh_s03.ncs (which fires when Juhani decides to kill Xor) so that it adds DS points to Juhani and set killed_xor to TRUE
  • Edited again evilbast.dlg and made a custom script keptjuhani.ncs fire so that it sets kept_juhani to TRUE
  • Edited Bastila's dialogue (k_hbas_dialog.dlg IIRC) so that if kept_juhani is TRUE, then Bastila says "With each passing moment your apprentice become stronger etc" and the scripts to disable the shield and the disruptor fire.

The reason why I didn't also use killed_xor to check what Bastila must say is that by doing so, she would keep saying "With each passing moment your apprentice become stronger etc" as soon as you kill Xor. Thus I needed this second boolean.

Of course, I placed the new branch at the highest place in Bastila's dialogue tree (just under "Bastila doesn't want to talk with ennemies nearby").

Here, that's what I've done with Juhani (and of course I edited unk41_carth.dlg so that Carth wonders only about Jolee. I used killed_xor boolean because I edited this dialogue before realizing I needed a second one).

Right now, my computer is, like, dead. I'm with my parents' PC right now. So I won't be able to upload the mod before a long moment. Feel free to release it when you'll have something working lactose_ :)

Excellent! That was a very quick reply. I was worried you hadn't sorted things out yet. :)

I've been re-thinking the part about editing Bastila's dialogue and firing the shield deactivation scripts from there. The problem is that you could immediately do this as soon as Juhani joins you, meaning that if you stunned Jolee without killing him and got your party out of the way, you could get out of the Temple and leave Jolee alive.

It's kind of a glitchable (if there's such a word!) thing that you could exploit for the heck of it. Do you think it's possible to avoid this, or do you not mind leaving it in?

I suggest we remain silent about this and if someone finds out we just say "Yeah it was intentional folks ;D That's cause we're working on a secret mod for TSL called "Jolee's über-revenge after being left behind like some arthritic statue by Revan", sounds so cool, doesn't it?".

<<

>>

OK, I don't really know what to do there :s I suggest we leave it for the time being.

Yes, I plan to add DS transitions, although I believe Gavroche's mod will not. I'll be working on those later once I get all the dialogues right... I'm still trying to come up with a way to avoid some of the problems discussed above, and then I'll work on the hundreds of lines of dialogue with Juhani so you can lure her to the Dark Side.

Phew! I'm tired just thinking about the amount of work! I'll request your help, Weiser_Cain, if I find it's too much for me to handle. In the meantime I hope Gavroche manages to upload his work first so you guys have something to play with, cos mine still has a loooong way to go.

Danyael27, do you have a link to Orsan's mod so I can check it out?

Archived