Home

Space Suits

90SK

People seemed to want this, so here it is. Iridorian armors for KotOR II -

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Space_Suits;86056

I didn't go all out in revamping the texture, I just modified it a little bit and increased the resolution. Not that that will make the atrocious texture quality of the original any better. In making this mod, I learned just how much I hate the texture map of this model. I love the model, don't get me wrong! But the texture map...gahh. Anyway, I'd like to nod to the modder HULAS for essentially making this mod...for me...for KotOR 1. It was a very kind gesture and the inspiration for this mod. So, thank you!

screenshot1ws5.png

It doesn't replace the actual space suits, it replaces the armored flight suits. I just named it space suits because it looks like a space suit. Sorry, I should've made that clearer. The armors will show up in your game if you encounter the replaced items (which is pretty likely, I assume, since I replaces pretty generic items).

Okay, I just played through Paragus last night and still had the default space suit, so it didn't work for me. :(
:lol: You know, if you had read the review I wrote for this mod, you wouldn't have been confused. I don't write those for my health you know.

I read it and I was pretty sure it said somewhere in there that it's supposed to replace the default space suit.

Or am I simply losing my mind and imagining I'm reading things that aren't really there? :(

EDIT:

The author replaced the armored flight suit model...

There it is. Sorry. I guess I didn't read carefully and thought it replaced the space suit. Boy do I feel like a goof ball now.

I read it and I was pretty sure it said somewhere in there that it's supposed to replace the default space suit.

Or am I simply losing my mind and imagining I'm reading things that aren't really there? :(

EDIT:

There it is. Sorry. I guess I didn't read carefully and thought it replaced the space suit. Boy do I feel like a goof ball now.

No worries. Also at the end of the review I tell you how to get them through the cheat console. ;)

• 1 month later...
I don't know of any enemies in game who use the armored flight suit. So, no, I don't think so, since the space suits replace the armored flight suits.

By the way, check your PM box.

Uh, well I just got done playing the game and I can tell you that, yes, one or two enemies here and there wear these new suits of yours, which was pretty cool to see, actually.

• 1 month later...

Female body version isn't possible without model edits, I'm afraid. I'm not capeable of that, though it IS possible: Inyri Forge did a female Mandalorian mod. I dunno. Maybe I could team up with her and do another version of this mod. But I don't really want to trouble her with it... this isn't by any stretch my ideal mod, I'd rather team up with her and do something more productive, and even then, she's pretty busy so it probably wouldn't happen anyway.

As for the replacement of the actual space suit... I dunno. Maybe I could incorporate that into my "super content mod"... though the space suit isn't an equipable item, so it's kinda weird. I'd rather it be a seperate like ARMOR thing as opposed to a real appearance. I hope that makes sense.

Well, here's an idea to make it more productive: how about if in the first game, when Revan, Carth and Bastila have to cross the outside of the Leviathan's hull in space suits, Revan wears the silver variant (with a male body if you play as a man; a female body if you play as a woman), Carth wears the yellow and Bastila wears the blue with a female body. Now, make it so that your weapons don't need to be unequipped in order to don the space suits. When you are about halfway across, three Dark Jedi will be waiting for you wearing the red-and-black variant, one of them possibly being a female. You'll have a battle in space! It'd be neat if you could make all of the animations in slow motion. Even neater if instead of dropping to the ground when they die, the Dark Jedi float away off into space! But I'm not holding my breath. Perhaps if they still do the dying animation where they turn over onto their backs, but instead of dropping to the floor they will simply float in place, like the firaxa sharks when you kill them.

And then use the only remaining variant, the green one, for KOTOR 2.

Good?

Archived