Home

Stop Bastila using lightsaber and force powers on Taris

Robespierre

I always thought it to be a bit odd that Bastila, yourself and your other companions were trying to stay under the radar, but Bastila was free to flaunt here advanced force powers and her lightsaber. And so I got to thinking; why don't you make a mod that prevents Bastila from using her Jedi powers, so she blends in more with the crowd.

So my question is: is this possible? I just need someone to point out if its possible (and of course, if its been done before), so I can do it myself.

Thanks in advance.

loony why you want this made i always loved seeing bastila force push heal etc, and im sure most others like it as well!!

murdrax, posts like this asking someone "why?" about their requests is not tolerated around here. This is counter-productive to the whole purpose of this Request sub-forum. Our Rules Thread, and the Special Rules for this forum, please read them. -RH

Actually, its not a bad idea.

Especially if you make this like the Kill bastila mod.

Therefor, if bastila use either the force or the saber near sith troopers they will sound the alarm and the area is soon flooded with sith troopers.

That might be a good incentive for not using either the force or the saber.

Or doing it anyway just for the hell of it.

Therefor, if bastila use either the force or the saber near sith troopers they will sound the alarm and the area is soon flooded with sith troopers.

That would only work if the Sith troopers were indestructible, or else people would spam that to get levels (like that bug in TSL).

But I just was wondering HOW its possible. I just really want the simple solution of making her unable to equip her lightsaber and use force powers while you're on Taris, and then once you get to Dantooine and you get her back in your party, she's able to do everything.

I don't know for sure, but could you make the Bastila you recruit on Taris a non-jedi class like scout? Then when she rejoins your party on Dantooine, you could recruit the original Bastila with a jedi class. The only problem, I think, would be that the player would have to level Bastila up differently once they re-recruited her (i.e. skill points would need to be reallocated, feats reselected, etc).

There is a mod that does something similar on the rakatan temple.

Its called the Real Bastila mod.

When you re-recruit bastila there she is a lvl 3 jedi so you can level her up again.

You could always alter her file so she doesnt have any force powers on taris, you wouldn't be able to level her up while on taris though.

You could always alter her file so she doesnt have any force powers on taris, you wouldn't be able to level her up while on taris though.

But would she still get the experience points so you could level her up when you get her back on Dantooine?

But I still have no idea on specific scripts you would have to use for this mod. Any suggestions there?

Archived