Home

UTE = ??

Ferc Kast

That's really descriptive, except that doesn't help me know how to edit it or what to do with them. (No offense meant, DDD.)

Looking at it further, I am guessing that it's what causes the Sith and Republic soldiers to fight each other on the Endar Spire's bridge. So, how do I edit it to make other "Creatures" fight the Sith on the bridge?

A UTE file will spawn multiple creatures at the same time and cause them to take certain actions such as be hostile and attack friendly units.

Take for instance my TOJDK mod I use UTE's for the random sith groups that attack you in the halls of the tomb.

The reason the Sith and the republic soldiers fight each other is because the Sith are set to Hostile and the Republic soldiers are set towards friendly to the player that way they are hostile to the sith but not the player. I recommend looking up the individual utc files for each of these to see there hostile friendly status.

Okay. I understand everything now in the UTE files, except I have just a few more questions:

1) What does CR (under creature list) do?

2) Which defines how many creatures: MaxCreatures or RecCreatures?

3) What do the values of PlayerOnly actually define?

3.1) 0 makes them attack the opposite faction, while 1 makes them attack the player; Right?

CR stands for "Challenge Rating" it is a number set to determine the amount of experience awarded for defeating the creature.

I can't recall which one defines off hand I'll have to look at a UTE file later.

I believe so when I create the UTE's for my mods I compare it with the actual creature UTC files and other UTE's in order to get the effect that I wanted. Since I haven't looked inside the UTE's in a while I can't recall off the top of my head.

Okay. I understand everything now in the UTE files, except I have just a few more questions:

1) What does CR (under creature list) do?

2) Which defines how many creatures: MaxCreatures or RecCreatures?

3) What do the values of PlayerOnly actually define?

3.1) 0 makes them attack the opposite faction, while 1 makes them attack the player; Right?

1. It is used for a leveled list of spawns. It's compared against the triggering character's level to determine what to spawn. If for example the player can visit an area when they are either level 10 or level 20 you may not want to have them face the same enemies. The CR field in the creature list determines what level the player must be for that particular creature to be spawned.

2. RecCreatures is the minimum number of creatures and MaxCreatures is the maximum number of creatures that may be spawned when the encounter trigger is tripped. The game will randomly pick a value in this interval if the numbers are not the same.

3. That the encounter trigger can only be tripped by the main character. Otherwise the encounter spawn may be triggered by any creature "hostile" to the Encounter who walks into its trigger area.

Archived