Home

Compiling Error: Max map

Demeggy

Lo all,

I've been working on my SP reel map now for a month, and I've just today finished detailing it, blocking out the brushes, making sure doors working correctly, no leaks etc.

Halfway through, to save on leak finding when compiling, I'd just encase the whole map in a big box to safeguard it, so it were. when it came to removing the box, I got a max map vis error, which I removed by getting rid of the vastly humongous box and tidying up all the leaks.

This error was solved, and the max map vanished.

Now, I've come to caulking the entire map and begun texturing it, and upon testing the first tiny textured portion, it hits me with another max map error.

(see below)

Loading C:/Program Files/LucasArts/Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/GameData/base/maps/demobeta.prt

4181 portalclusters

11369 numportals

12737 numfaces

************ ERROR ************

MAX_MAP_VISIBILITY exceeded

The map's not really huge, it's a good sized SP level, and there aren't that many VAST areas where the draw distance is faded out.

----

I should really, read the pinned topics before I post... Okay, so its with reference to detail brushes. My question is, I go to convert brushes into details, and they just vanish! Worried :S

Any ideas?

Cheers

in radiant's menu, goto View -> Filter -> Detail and see if there is a check mark in front of it. If there is, click on it to remove the check mark. This allows you to hide certian types of things in your map so you can tell what some things are and navigate quicker.

Archived