Home

Is Osama Bin Laden back?

Arcesious

Here's the problem with homeland security, though. How do you carry it out w/o serious disruption of the economy? Our freedom of movement is both one of our greatest strengths and our achille's heel. We don't yet have the technology or intelligence assets to ensure complete security, nevermind that such a concept is likely chimerical. Add to that the haphazard manner in which govt bureaucracies attack the problem and you've got a pretty big nightmare on your plate. Compound this further with the interconnectivity of mass communications and computer networks on a global scale and you can almost wonder how any conscientious person could ever get any sleep confronted by this conundrum.

This is basically the advantage of David vs Goliath in asymetrical warfare. He (OBL and company) can hide and do hit and run tactics, employing the strategy of "a death of 1000 cuts". Given the gutting of America's field intelligence capabilities in the 70s and the increased oversight and attempts by congress at micromanagement in a war zone, we are at a serious disadvantage. We're fighting them w/1 or even 2 hands tied behind our backs. As for the Europeans, I suspect that after two attempts to rip the world apart (or a least each other) in the span of a generation, many (not all) of them no longer have the will to fight.

All the other countries want to do is send a few guards and such into Iraq to replace the U.S troops, but they don't want to make a commitment to keep up our plan and track down the terrorists...

What did you expected, though? You attack a country without the UN consent, and you expect the other countries to take the unstable hydrogen bomb that's Iraq today, as if it were their problem?

It could easily become their problem. They're even closer to Iraq than our country is. I don't doubt that the terrorists have a skeleton sleeper cell network in Europe and Asia, waiting to strike too. Indirect tactics- attack an ally of your primary enemy, distracting the ally, then attack the distracted enemy.

It could easily become their problem. They're even closer to Iraq than our country is. I don't doubt that the terrorists have a skeleton sleeper cell network in Europe and Asia, waiting to strike too. Indirect tactics- attack an ally of your primary enemy, distracting the ally, then attack the distracted enemy.

Their main quarrel is with the US and the European countries that supported the invasion. They don't give a damn to, let's say, my country.

Their main quarrel is with the US and the European countries that supported the invasion. They don't give a damn to, let's say, my country.
Yes, main is correct, but that is not their only quarrel. If it was that does not explain al-Haraka al-Islamiyya located in Southeast Asia. Patience they will get around to your country too.

Archived