Home

Dialogue and Script Issues

ForeverNight

I don't really know if this is the proper place to put something... but, anyways, here it goes.

Using KotOR Tool, I've edited the .dlg file that corresponds to the Hideout's Workbench (k_ptar_workbench.dlg) and told it to fire a script I created during the "Scattered across the galaxy..." bit that the workbench "says"

Now, the funny part is that I know this script works, I tested it before (It was attached to footlcker001.utp in the Hideout on the OnOpen script area, once it opened, the script fired and another footlocker (The one I stocked) was spawned by the round table.

The funny bit though, is when I run the dialogue on the workbench, it no longer works and either nothing appears in the spot I've selected for my placeable, or I get an invisible 'corpse' like the Krayt dragon that I can hack at to destroy allowing me to walk through, unhindered.

Does anybody have any ideas on how this could be solved? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'll put it up as soon as I can grab it off the computer I'm using for it...

Another note to add to this, it worked once. I have no idea why it worked once than not at all...

Just a thought. Could it be something to do with KotOR Tool? Whenever I open a .dlg file that I've edited with the native conversation editor it will always show up blank. But, when I do it with the text editor I can see that there is something there... Could this be a KotOR Tool problem?

Well, anyway, once I get at my computer again, I'll post the source script...

//Generated by jmac7142's KotOR Script Generator

// Spawn Placeable

#include "k_inc_debug"

#include "k_inc_utility"

void main()

{

float x = 86.64;

float y = 140.41; float z = 0.00;

float r = 274.44;

vector vPla = Vector(x, y, z);

location lPla = Location(vPla, r);

object oPla = CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_PLACEABLE, "Cool", lPla);

}

That's it... I can't script to save my life! And this was the first time I was able to get a script to not only work for me, but actually do what I intended it to do...

Hope this helps... Oh, my KotOR is 1.03... I don't know how much that helps but it might...

Archived