Home

Corruption in the Land of the Dead

Hroth

After searching for a loong time I finally managed to find a copy of Grim Fandango, the "Lucas Arts Classic" version . I had played it years ago but never been able to find it again. But during the install process there was some trouble with the file VOX0003.LAB. After a lot of screwing around I managed to get the rest of the game to install properly. It works beautifully all the way to the end of the world (far enough for most games). But then when people try to talk it tries to read the file from the cd as the file isn't installed and the cd fails like it did during the install and the game freezes. I've tried copying the file from the cd to the hard drive but it refuses to copy more than 69% of it and acts as though the file on the cd is corrupt. (copy freezes at 69% then cd drive slows down and makes noises and finally explorer gives out and the system freezes.)

Any Help??? The CD is practically mint, straight out of the box, there are no scratches. I can't think of any reason why it would have trouble reading it. Is there anywhere I can get another copy of this file? anything I can do to play the rest of the game?

Thanks for the link, Lovely little installer but it froze on VOX0003.LAB again. It's gotta be the disk. That file just isn't complete or there's some kind of corruption part of the way through it that prevents it from being read. :(

Also I just tried copying the file (by itself not installing the game) on another computer and it couldn't do it either. It got a bit over half way through the file before freezing up for a minute or so then coming up with "The system cannot read from the specified device."

I hate cds so very much. Is there anywhere else I can find VOX0003.LAB?

Disk B seems to have copies of VOX0000.LAB, VOX0002.LAB and VOX0004.LAB but not VOX0003!!!!! GYARRGHH!

• 1 month later...

Click the above link and then on that page where you see MOVIE04.LAB right click on the link and choose "save as" and choose where you want it to download to and it will start downloading, it will take a little while since it's a big file.

I would really appreciate if you could upload the VOX0003.LAB file that I'm missing; to do so please follow these steps:

1. In Internet Explorer or an FTP client please put in this address: ftp.bizland.com

2. Then when you're prompted use the username: nextwave and password: test12

3. If you are using the latest version of Internet Explorer (version 7 with tabbed browsing) you will need to take this extra step, if not skip to the next step. You will need to look to the top right quadrant of your page and look for the page button, click that and look for the option called "Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer". You will likely be prompted for your login info again, just use the same as before.

4. Now you just have to drag and drop the VOX0003.LAB file onto the window and wait for it to finish uploading, depending on your internet connection it could take a little while to finish.

Please just ask me for help if you have any trouble as I really need this file and this is the only lead I've come across so far.

Thanks.

and ive downloaded the file, how do i put the file into the folder?

still keeps saying stuff about a missing file and some other error that doesn't let me play the game

assert handler

Res.c(2075): (int)fh 7 0 && (int)fh <= MAX_OPEN_FILES

I honestly don't know what that would mean...all I did was copy the file, in my case VOX0003.LAB into the Grim folder, did you do that? Did you install the patch after moving the file? Are you sure the whole file downloaded, it should be 102MB. If the whole file didn't download try logging into the FTP using the steps I gave above and make sure the whole file downloads, you may have to turn off any firewalls you have running. I hope that helps, let me know how it goes.

i needed to put the file in before updating it

but now that i have done that, it loads up fine and stuff but sounds and that is still messes up

Hmmm, I don't know about that. I haven't had any trouble with sound, hopefully someone else can help you with that.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived