Home

K1 Tortured Rodian on Korriban

Darth Payne

Am i the only one that has heard the sounds of force lightning and the rodian on Korriban?

Is this part of something that was cut from the game?

It happens every time i go from the around where i first meet Shardaan to the Czerka store.

It's just part of the ambience, and not related to content. It contributes to the whole "Sithy" feel of the module.

Honestly I think that's some kind of glitch. It happens to me about 3/4 of the time, it's really loud and annoying, while the other Korriban ambient sounds may be freaky and such, they aren't so startling and it's clear they're for ambiance.

I always thought it was an annoying glitch, anyhow, since it usually only happens once on my games and it's so loud.

I'm guessing this is a bug from the scene in Korriban (right in front of the Rodian merchant who sells some neat weapons) where a Sith student is harassing a Twi'lek and a Rodian. It's not actually Force Lightning, but (I think) it was Drain Life that he used to kill the Rodian before he sees the player and threatens you not to intervene. (which of course means it's killing-because-you-just-pissed-me-off time! ;) ) Its seems to be a glitch that happens once every time you're in Dreshdae AFTER that scene was triggered. (at least for me) It always seems to play the Rodian death sound first, and then a few seconds later it plays the shock/lifedrain sound.

There is also the Dark Side thing with Shardaan just beyond the entrance to Dreasdae.

If you choose the correct options Shardaan will use Force Lightning to kill a small group of hopefulls, i don't remember any rodians in the group though.

Maybe a combination of the two?

I get this too. I'm fairly sure it's the "force drain" that Misc Sith #6 pulls off before you kill him for his medallion, as I get it only after that has happened whenever I run through the hall where the cutscene takes place. I never noticed any other random screaming in the ambience, so I'm guessing it's just a strange, strange bug.

Archived