Home

35 years adventures (adventure sins)

Sven_Q45

So let me see if I got his right...

10 - Sh|tty camera angles.

09 - Crawling sequences, "only for owners of extremely bite-trace-resistant keyboards", and "Our opinion: Creeps you, creeping sequences!". Well said!

08 - Hidden and useless hotspots. I like useless hotspots, especially if they result in humour.

07 - Slow-ass and boring stories. Something about George Washington cutting down the tree to free Laverne in the future makes the author moist in his special places. "Extreme case weak story: Fahrenheit - begins strongly, becomes absurdly, very absurd".

06 - Stupid mini-games that are, and I cite, "as unnecessary as chocolate sauce on a bloody steak". Those Germans and their silly little sayings. Gotta love them.

05 - Sleep-inducing dialogue, "Monkey Iceland" and the game with the chick from The X-Files is okay. "Lead deserts with the dynamics of sleeping turtles" is not okay.

04 - Confusing inventory system, I have no idea what the rest says.

03 - ""goes so for nicht!", logical solutions to puzzles that you can't use because the developer didn't think of it.

02 - Runaway syndrome, "everything look at", "everything notice". Hokay, is this the one where you can get stuck in the game because you DIDN'T pick up something?

01 - Illogical puzzles. And then they use Monkey Island 2 as an example. I thought the bone dance was perfectly logical, but maybe the GERMANS have a difference kind of logic. >:

Am I close? :)

Yes.

09 - Yes I don´t like action elements in adventuregames!

05 - Btw the german voice of Nico (The game with the chick from The X-Files movies= Baphomets Fluch= Baphomets Curse= Broken Sword.) ;) is the same voice of Maggie Robbins.

And Monkey Island 3: They mean that the dialogues of MI 3 are funny.

04 - They mean that the inventory is a little bit confusing.

03 - They mean that many charaktere only say: "That don´t works" But they don´t give you a tip. - Got that?

01 - They mean that many people thougt that the dream with the bones is a joke and no part of a puzzle of the game. Well it is logical, but not everyone knows that. :D

To be honest, it took me like 10 years to "crack" the "if this is three what is this" puzzle on Scabb Island in Monkey 2. When I replayed it the fourth time. I fianlly started drawing the hand that guy was showing because I thought he was showing it in different ways.

Then, like one page of drawing hands later I suddenly recognised "a pattern" and I was like ... WTF? JOOOOOUUUNES!!

When I first played the game I ended up working around that thing using savegames, after one week of failing to recognise that unbelievable cheap "code".

Haha, what an idiot! XD

Also, regarding that bone song -- I notice that Guybrush wrote down the song text, but he wrote it down in that dream, and to me it wasn't logical that it was available in real life then. It needed quite a while to find this text because of that.

Or did I miss something?

I never got the bone thing. I thought it was a jokey cutscene, it didn't occur to me at all to connect it to the Fortress later on.

And for the record, it took me about five years to figure out how to win the spitting contest. The stupid wind!

@Ray Jones

I play SW Republic Commando. And SWKOTOR 1 and 2. Love them. SWKOTOR 1 was my first SW game, but i´m no SW fan. I only wanted to know, how a SW game is. lol

And now it´s one of my favorite.

@s-island

Yes, I played the version with voice. :) And I found the covers. And I can put it to my adventure collection.

Yeah when I was a kid and I played Day of the Tentacle I don't think I even realised there was a plot. I just wandered around the mansion doing things and seeing what happened. It's a testament to the non-linear aspect of that game really.

And whilst Beneath a Steel Sky is possibly the better game, Flight of the Amazon Queen is more fun I think.

Yeah when I was a kid and I played Day of the Tentacle I don't think I even realised there was a plot. I just wandered around the mansion doing things and seeing what happened. It's a testament to the non-linear aspect of that game really.

Yes MM, too. I ended it after a few years with a walkthrough.

Archived