Home

[TSL] Heavy Paladin Armour

Master_Crush

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I like that helmet, but unfortunately I can't model. I just can't. I've tried learning... it's a gruesome story. But the armor is done, so if you want me to release it, I can do that.

Actually, I'd like to release mine and Princess Artemis's in a pack, if that's ok with you PA. Our armors are very different style-wise and I think the contrast would be neat to have in one pack, but it's up to you!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, I'd like to release mine and Princess Artemis's in a pack, if that's ok with you PA. Our armors are very different style-wise and I think the contrast would be neat to have in one pack, but it's up to you!

That would be fine with me, 90SK. I haven't finished reskinning the armor yet (I'm quite new to it, so it's slow going--there's not a whole lot I have left to do with it though), but that would certainly be fine by me. We should coordinate on how to do the .2da editing and the .utis in that case so they can both be available but not confuse.

If it's too much of a hold-up, don't worry about it, but I like the idea of making a pack--it simplifies installation, at least!

Heee, sure, be my guest for the icons--I'm not that hot with them. That would probably be easiest anyway, so the texture variations don't collide. I'm working on them right now (and grumbling that the female version of the texture didn't seem to want to get the same nice gold color that the male version did...) so I should have them ready today, depending on how nice the alpha channel decides to be to me.

I'm not too sure I'm happy with the alpha right now, probably need to do something with the cloth, but here is the armor, which compared to 90SK's is kinda plain (I keep forgetting to say how much I like yours!):

palarmor3.jpgpalarmor4.jpg

palarmor5.jpgpalarmor6.jpg

Annnnnnd as usual, I forgot how to force a vibrosword to accept a new texture, so I'm working on that... But if ye likes, this is about done.

Thanks SpartanPride :)

Finally sorted out the problem with the vibrosword, so here are a couple pics of it (alas, there's nothing I can do about those stupid bright orange spots on it without completely redoing the UV map on the sword, which is something I'm learning how to do but haven't exactly managed yet):

palsword1.jpg

palsword2.jpg

Anyhow, I'm also grouchy about how the game is displaying the stats on the sword and the armor, but, well, such is life I guess. I'll pass them on to 90SK so they can be all put together as a single mod.

Ah, sorry people kind lost my eye on this thread...

On the helmet, I tried to do a more classic Crusader helmet, but so far it looked like a bucket with peeping hole's in it.

Anyway, I'm now a bit looking at the HellGate London armours, to get some inspiration on how might turn this helmet more to sci-fi.

Just a little more patience, though the skins look fantastic.

I'll have another spin on the helmet thing.

Ok. The mod is pretty much done now: do you want us to wait while you get the helmet sorted out, or should we release them separately?

Actually, I think we're going to release the mod on PA's site. If you still want to include the helmet, we can wait to release it on KotOR files until you're done, ok?

Actually, I think we're going to release the mod on PA's site. If you still want to include the helmet, we can wait to release it on KotOR files until you're done, ok?

Allright, if the requestor of this little idea can wait a bit longer.

So when I got the model finished I'll do an example textures and send the files to you (90SK) and Princes Artemis, so you can do a matching texture ?

Allright, if the requestor of this little idea can wait a bit longer.

So when I got the model finished I'll do an example textures and send the files to you (90SK) and Princes Artemis, so you can do a matching texture ?

I'm willing to give it a try. It would be something entirely new to me, so I can't guarantee the results. I think it would be pretty sweet to have a whole Paladin getup though!

In any case, 90SK and I have put the two armors together for a pack--they have the same stats; the icons and skins obviously are different, and you can follow the instructions after installing to get the items into the game. The armor requires the heavy armor feat and Jedi defense, so it's not much use to non-Jedi characters. (Though if you're using KSE to put the armor in the game, well...)

Anyhow, here's the page for the download: Paladin Gear (you'll need 7-zip to get it, it's a free program that'll unarchive dang near ANYTHING)

and here's a screenshot that 90SK made of both together along with the vibrosword:

Screenshot

The page isn't linked up to Telosian Archives just yet--I plan to get a few screenshots of 90SK's armor on a lady to see how it looks, I just haven't done it yet. I personally have no objection to waiting to release it for KotorFiles or to make it more widely available until there's a helmet with it, that would be pretty cool. Anyhow, there it is :)

In that case, I'm willing to give a go on the helmet. Then we can perhaps release more publicly a more complete mod, and leave the armors and sword available as they are for now. Though I hope the stats and such are to your satisfaction--if they aren't, let me know and I can adjust them (both armors use the same stats). What sort of stats would you want the helmet to have? Check the armor and sword, see what you think is missing for a complete paladin set up. Or perhaps some of the armor stats could be given to the helm, or something?

I was looking at more Crusader helmets and some of the Teutonic Orders helms look pretty awesome, but I guess you're almost done the one you're working on.

I stepted of that idea... I always end up with that "bucket" feeling... :lol:

On the other side some quicky WIP renders of the thing.

I'll now go on to UVW-Map this helmet and get a basic skin.

Pictures:

Quicky01.jpg

Quicky02.jpg

Quicky03.jpg

Quicky04.jpg

Expect some newer shots soon

Archived