Home

Abkhazia and South Ossetia

SilentScope001

These two indepedent de facto nations are Russian puppets, I'm not going to deny that. But they are also indepedent de facto nations, who want indepedence from Georgia. So, I'm for them, even though I know they are Russian puppets. Self-determination FTW.

The problem is, America doesn't, and neither does Georgia. And, now tensions are increasing alongside the border. There could be a war, as Georgia may seek to invade the Russian puppets, and, as a response, Russia will bring its awesome weaponary to defend its Russian Puppets.

It all started when Russia decided to establish formal relations with its Russian Puppets of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. The formal relations include that of military relations. It stressed however that the formal relations are not recognizing their indepedence, and it wanted a peaceful resolution to the crisis. Georgia and the United States disagreed.

Russia wanted military cooperation with the Russian puppets because all the citizens of Abkhazia and South Ossetia are also Russian citizens. Russia is pretty paranoid of Georgia, especially with Georgia targeting Russians, so it wanted to protect its Russian citizens.

(American-POV) http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jBS-HHA2vIBAbCFJmQVzJ_QGCN0w

(American-POV) Georgia accuses Russia of 'full scale military aggression'

(Chinese-POV) Putin issues instructions on relations with Abkhazia, South Ossetia

(Russian-POV) Russia warns Georgia could use force against Abkhazia, S.Ossetia

Yes, I know, this could be overblown. But I'm still worried of a war.

I hadn't even heard of this. Those small city-states in the Georgia region wanted to be independent nations is the last I heard from over there.

Doesn't surprise me though, Russia has a long history of this sort of thing. It's unlikly there will be any US intervention.

A civil war among the Russians... I highly doubt that anyone is goign to try to intervene if this leads to a miltiary conflict, not after the failure in Iraq, and the fact that Russia is one of the top world superpowers...

Archived