Home

Creating new Portraits

harIII

I only know how to do Existing portraits so if you want to reskin them then name them:

For Trask- po_trask

For Carth- po_carth

For Mission- po_mission

For Zaalbar- po_zaalbar

For Bastila- po_bastila

For Canderous- po_canderous

For Juhani- po_juhani

For Jolee- po_jolee

For HK-47- po_hk47

For T3-M4- po_t3m4

Hope that helps!

If you scale your picture down to 128x128 (I think this is the right dimensions) and then rename the picture (for example, if you have a pic of Obi Wan rename it to po_obiwan) and place it in the right columns in portraits2da, then that should work.

I could be wrong tho, it might help if we knew more about what you were trying to attempt.

If you are just replaceing and existing NPC's portraits then change the po_'s in their column, or rename your picture the name of their po_, or if you trying for a new character then their are more 2da's to edit

I hope this helps

Eefluxx

Eefluxx

I am working on a mod that will require the recruitment of new peoplt for example. I'm replaceing Carth Onasi with Darth Malak. I would like to construct a picture of Darth Malak.

-DK-

I looked in the Skinning tutorials am I'm sure it's in there but I just didn't see the topic. Would you know what category it's under. I'm limited on time due to my schedule.

Taking the pictures isn't the problem, It's having to enter a file. I don't know what file nor where the file is that I need to extract to edit and bring into Photoshop. Where are the actual portraits for the characters?

Taking the pictures isn't the problem, It's having to enter a file. I don't know what file nor where the file is that I need to extract to edit and bring into Photoshop. Where are the actual portraits for the characters?

I'm not at my home computer, so I might be off a little bit. If you open Kotor tool and look under ERFS (third main branch of dir tree), there should be some directories for textures. I think that the first one contains small images for item icons and portraits (they are listed alphabetically, and the portraits all start with "po_"). The other 3 directories contain the in-game textures, and I always use the higher resolution "large" ones (in the second of the four directories).

If you check out the .2da Editing totorials, there is some info about portraits (especially this one).

Thank you, I'll check it out tonight and hopefully it will work. Also, how do you tell the computer to change the character to look more dark side than before. I'll have to use five different portraits to set the character's looks for a single character or will this be in the portrait files in KOTOR Tool.

Also, how do you tell the computer to change the character to look more dark side than before.

If you use the cheat console in K1 (press the ~ key, then type in a command) you can type "adddarkside 10" (without the quotes) to change to the next DS texture. You can also type in any number (ex adddarkside 40) to jump right to the last DS transition. To go back the other way use "addlightside 10".

Thanks but I need to know how to tell the computer to do this. I can easily find the portraits, I did it this morning, but I didn't notice any dark side portraits or unless that is for the portraits such as Atton, Mira, or the PC. I looked at Atrise.

Also is there a specific area to save the portraits in in order to change the character's appearance and be able to see the name of the portrait in the Portrait Selection box?

I'll go ahead and download it but what I really need is to know how to create portraits have have them accessable in the KOTOR Tool because there are I'm guessing about 14 new characters that I need to create portraits for and I'm sure that nobody has made the portraits that I'm going to need.

Archived