Home

Is online Capabilities possible?

Rairai51

BESIDE the online Pazaak mod. I was wondering from the followings if these are possible?

1. Synchronized Multiplay (As in to be able to play together and adventure together, include do the same missions if coded right. And be able to party with eachother?

2. (This is only mentoined if it were possible) To be able to fight eachother. Wether or not both of them lose. A selected spawn point added into the game to revive and mess around. It sounds like it would be a doozy to do. But I was wondering if all of this could actually happen.

Is multiplay even possible? Or have I just not seen any mods unluckely?

Totally unrelated, but a team of people made a huge mod for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to make it online compatible. And that was a singleplayer game, too. I guess you'd have to have the ability to rip the original hardcoding to shreds and replace all the singleplayer variables.

...which would be a pain to do. Honestly, the only thing more possible would be an OFFICIAL KotOR mmo.

It would be illegal, as you'd have to edit the game's executable file.

~Giygas

The EULA would be the least of your worries.

Both of these things are incredibly large and impossible undertakings.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no concievable way to create this, even if you had a huge team.

_EW_

well maybe if we asked a certain two companies if the would do it *cough* lucasarts &bioware *cough*

they might take up the offer,

They would take that up at the behest of a fan, why...?

Don't be absurd. If they were still involved with the KotOR franchise, they'd be making a third game - certainly not enabling MMO play in two several-year-old ones.

not at the behest of a fan

of a behest of saaaaay... the entire of holowan if everyone asked

yea i know they would be makin a third, but they had bigger plans, also known as mass affect (which is so awesome, you should get it if you dont have it)

and they might have a new game in mind or whatever that game company does...

Totally unrelated, but a team of people made a huge mod for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to make it online compatible. And that was a singleplayer game, too. I guess you'd have to have the ability to rip the original hardcoding to shreds and replace all the singleplayer variables.

...which would be a pain to do. Honestly, the only thing more possible would be an OFFICIAL KotOR mmo.

Bethesda released official Modding tools for Oblivion that enabled online capability. And as to the EULA point, I'd first worry about being able to crack the .exe before I'd worry about getting in trouble for doing it ;)

Archived