Home

Weird occurence in an attempt to add a planet to the galaxy map

Exile007

Hello,

Recently I have been attempting to add a planet to the galaxy map, everything works perfectly except for two things.

One: For some reason, my texture is really weird on the galaxy map, it's all bunched up.

blahhx7.jpg

Second, for some reason, my planet is appearing on the galaxy map before the conditionals on my a_galaxy map script have been fulfilled.

~snip

//this was found in deathdisco's source a_galaxymap, testing purposes only! Or not...
           if (GetGlobalNumber("262TEL_Escape_Telos") == 1) {
           SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_LIVE_02, TRUE);
           SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_LIVE_02, TRUE);    
       }
       else {
           SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_LIVE_02, FALSE);
       }

I'm not sure why it's not working, as I recall in the Jedi Temple mod, Coruscant wasn't selectable until after Telos, whereas my planet is available straight after Peragus.

Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated.

And again, thank you for dealing with my constant stupidiness. :)

Wait, I think I see your problem. If you want to enter after Peragus, then you might wanna change it to this:

~snip

//this was found in deathdisco's source a_galaxymap, testing purposes only! Or not...
           if (GetGlobalNumber("_____") == 1) {
           SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_LIVE_01, TRUE);
           SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_LIVE_01, TRUE);    
       }
       else {
           SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_LIVE_01, FALSE);
       }

In the GetGlobalNumber, put the global that'll let them go after Peragus, or whatever.

See if that works.

That part of the code is correct (GetGlobalNumber("262TEL_Escape_Telos") == 1) that is what turns on the other planets after telos. Have you followed this thread carefully ?http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169825 it is very helpful.

I'm pretty sure I followed it correctly, although I'm not 100% sure as big scripts make me go run into my little corner. :lol:

Does no one have an answer for the weird texture? :(

Hmm... I don't know much about this, but I'd have to guess that a 'planet spawning' script or something has some sort of an error. Notepad++ isn't showing any scripting errors on my side, but i don't know much about this... That is really funny though, I must say... That should be submitted to the Kotorfiles POTD.

My only thought on it, is, perhaps, that the texture of the planet itself is messed up. Or, perhaps, whatever script controls how the picture of the planet is displayed on the galaxy map is slightly corrupted.

Archived