Home

[K1] Yet More Scripting Help!

ForeverNight

I've been working on an edited module, using the most overused module: the Lower Sewers of Taris. And, in the process, I've ran into another snag, this one with, you guessed it, scripts!

void
oDoor=mff
ActionOpenDoor(object oDoor)

This is the script I've been trying to work with, however, I keep on getting an error saying that I can't use a string constant.

So, I was wondering if anybody here who actually understands scripting could help me with a script that opens up a door that can fire from a dialog?

Thanks in advance!

void

oDoor=mff

ActionOpenDoor(object oDoor)

This is the script I've been trying to work with, however, I keep on getting an error saying that I can't use a string constant.

If the tag of the door in question is mff, then something like this should work:

void main() {
   object oDoor = GetObjectByTag("mff");
   SetLocked(oDoor, FALSE);
   AssignCommand(oDoor, ActionOpenDoor(oDoor));
}

It retrieves a reference to the object with the tag mff (your door) in the area where the script is run. It then unlocks the door (if locked), and makes the door open itself.

If the tag of the door in question is "mff", then something like this should work:

void main() {
   object oDoor = GetObjectByTag("mff");
   SetLocked(oDoor, FALSE);
   AssignCommand(oDoor, ActionOpenDoor(oDoor));
}

It retrieves a reference to the object with the tag mff (your door) in the area where the script is run. It then unlocks the door (if locked), and makes the door open itself.

Wow, that was fast you guys. I was about to do the same thing but as soon as I posted I saw I had been beaten twice :D

_EW_

And ForeverNight? You're right, it should be object oDoor.

Archived